• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smokeless gunpowder shortage

Maxrobot

NES Member
Who knew that China and Russia were the big suppliers of nitrocellulose to the U.S.? They know the U.S. needs a lot for all those 155mm rounds we are sending to Ukraine.

Who knew that China and Russia were the big suppliers of nitrocellulose to the U.S.? They know the U.S. needs a lot for all those 155mm rounds we are sending to Ukraine.
Supposedly SG Ammo is a known fear monger who shamelessly spreads exaggerated info to boost sales, but certainly the situation is worth watching.

Supposedly SG Ammo is a known fear monger who shamelessly spreads exaggerated info to boost sales, but certainly the situation is worth watching.
They also have the best prices and free shipping. Back when 9mm was going for $20 a box of 50, SG was selling 1000 rnd cases for $239. I'll take mean tweets and fear mongering.

They also have the best prices and free shipping. Back when 9mm was going for $20 a box of 50, SG was selling 1000 rnd cases for $239. I'll take mean tweets and fear mongering.
Today I'd say decent pricing- one can find better or at least equal.

Didn't say I wouldn't buy from them, just that their marketing department tends to lean on the manure spreader for content.

I don't recall fear mongering from them. I've bought from them before. I spread the net orders around looking for not only price but shipping cost as well.
These days I'm looking for someone that's not FedEx as the shipper.

I don't recall fear mongering from them. I've bought from them before. I spread the net orders around looking for not only price but shipping cost as well.
These days I'm looking for someone that's not FedEx as the shipper.
They shipped my ammo, UPS.....driver left it on a stone wall on the street (busy), at the end of my 500' driveway, and on the ground next to my mailbox the next time. I have it shipped to my son now, has a good UPS driver.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom