So, who went shootin' today ?

I got out today in the 50 degree heat wave. Military shoot on the Cape.
Shot a 95, 145, 174 @ 300 yd target. 1st round jitters.

How's the cheek weld on the AK? The RD looks like it's 4-5 inches above the receiver.

Dennis,

Too bad you missed the invite. Kevin and I were at Winchendon for a couple of hours today.

As I said in my pm, my feet are finaly warming up! Slogging through the slush and snow in "not so waterproof" boots left me a little chilled!

It was a good time, even with the cold feet. I love the warm afternoon. Makes me really want spring!

Last edited:
I was out for about 3 hrs had the range to my self.
Took out the Frensh MAS 49/56, Colt Anaconda in 44mag, S&W PC 686 -8 times, and the H&K p7-m13, Colt series 70 NM gold cup in 45 acp.

PLUS A COUPLE OF BIG CIGARS [wink]

Fred

not me.....our range is still shut down.....because the ground is frozen.( approaching 2 months now...)

Time for me to find a new club to join, if this is going to be the new mode of operation in winter-time.

I Hate spending my yearly dues for something I can't use....I sure miss being able to get out there, even in cold and mud.!

Last edited:
Wish I knew some folks out this way - maybe soon eh? Went to Lee and had the range to myself. Just skeet shooters on the other side. The range was slushy, but all mine. Decided to toss the Tripower in my bag and shoot the SOCOM-16 a la iron sights. To any of you who have no experience with the M14 irons, they are sublime. Nine clicks up and all was well....Beautiful day...

The range was a slushy mud pit, but it was OUR slushy mud pit. Spent a good 4 hours or so between the rifle and pistol range. Beautiful day for it.

No range time for me. I spent the morning cleaning the house, washed the Jeep in the afternoon, did laundry all day and we just had our dinner guest leave. [sad2]

SAT: First time out for my M39 B-Barrel and 1969 "Sneak," shooting Wolf Gold 150 gr. with both.

SUN: First time out for my M39 PL-Marked and FINN M91 w/VKT Barrel. Shot the Wolf again, and also a box of Czech Silver Tip. The Czech stuff was great!

But yeah, the range was a sloppy, muddy mess. Still, it was crowded this afternoon!

Oh, I went shooting today... Ended up putting quite a hurting on this van:

van.jpg

Very memorable day...

Ha, I did share. There must be a few thousand rounds in that thing! It was all done in a couple of hours, but I was in the first group that hit it when it was pristine... It was peppered at about minute 1 1/2 after we started.....

Spent a couple hours trying to figure out exactly why my prone position groups are ok sizewise but always in a different spot when I switch targets. Still haven't figured it out. [thinking]

Yesterday was a little more exciting. Found out that dropping into sitting position from standing goes a lot smoother after you split your pants. The downside is that prone gets a little drafty afterwards, but it turns out to be a great way to attract more people to an empty range![smile]

The drun is Romainian. A PIA to load but it runs just fine. I got to re-create the Siege of Stalingrad today.
The helmet no. The hat yes, later when it got colder.

how so? i was gonna buy some but wanted opinions first...can you leave em loaded like the chinese wind up ones?

I went yesterday and today. No pics, but I was picking off apples placed onto the berm 150 yards away with a handgun.

I fired 400 rounds through my wasr-10 today. Managed a 72% hitrate overall. Fluorescent orange clay pigeons at 50 and 100 yards are easier to hit than I expected. My friend with the SKS and RedDot scope hit damn near everything he aimed at today. I may need to violate my wasr with a scope. All in all, it was a good time. 800 rounds in 3 weekends through the wasr. Apparently, I'll need to find a cheap supplier with 5000 round ammo cans.

Ahh spring, my fancy used to turn to motorcycles as a young man; now it's weapons.

how so? i was gonna buy some but wanted opinions first...can you leave em loaded like the chinese wind up ones?

The Norinco drums open up so you can load ammo by the handfulls and then wind up to tension the spring.

Romainen drums load fron the top down like a 30 rounder but you have to squeeze a lever on the front against the verticle stack to take the tension off the spring.

One. Round. At. A. Time. [thinking]

Actually it goes fairly quick once you get used to it. I haven't left mine loaded for more than six weeks without finding an excuse to empty it.

Went out today to see how good the Bulgarian 7.62x54R is. The M44 was okay with it but likes the Albanian better but the replica PU likes it as much as it does the Czech silver tip. I did have 2 rounds that the bolt wouldn't close on. They both looked like the projectile may have been slightly crooked when rammed to seat it. Still, it is good ammo so far.

Also took out the Glock 29 to set up the rear sight for zero after installed.

Joe R.

Danvers Fish n Game , half mud , half ice. But warm enough.

Spent the midmorn & early afternoon with my Winchester 94 , RomAK , and Bushmaster.

The only cute lady in the club asked me if "I was shooting today" , twice. But She is a pistol shooter and I didn't bring any handgun ammo - for the first time. Figures.

Otherwise a great day.

Back
Top Bottom