SOLVED: New York State Rifle v Bruen decision

EDIT: just noticed the link was from 2022. I thought this happened last month.

Explain to me in layman’s terms the effects of this ruling. Are licenses no longer needed for open & concealed carry? Any type of firearm, or just handguns?

“The U.S. Supreme Court, in a 6-3 opinion, ruled that New York's restrictions on the concealed carry of firearms in public violates the Second Amendment. The law that was struck down required licenses to carry guns outside the home and only granted them when the applicant could demonstrate a need.”

View: https://www.npr.org/2022/06/23/1107029371/scotus-rules-restrictions-on-concealed-carry-violate-the-second-amendment

Last edited:
Second day on the forum?

Bruen is over a year old, now. Your link is from last June.

It's discussed in everything from its own many threads to the ongoing HD.4420 threads.

Second day on the forum?

Bruen is over a year old, now. Your link is from last June.

It's discussed in everything from its own many threads to the ongoing HD.4420 threads.

Just saw the link was from last year. Friend in California told me there was a SCOTUS ruling last month that eliminated all CCW licensing requirements.

Chinese telephone.

Have there been any new developments on that front?

Just saw the link was from last year. Friend in California told me there was a SCOTUS ruling last month that eliminated all CCW licensing requirements.

Chinese telephone.

Read the megathread. It's full of developments.

There was.

Executive branch of the government has declared that its policies are above any judgments, including scotus ones.

Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Explain to me in layman’s terms the effects of this ruling. Are licenses no longer needed for open & concealed carry? Any type of firearm, or just handguns?

“The U.S. Supreme Court, in a 6-3 opinion, ruled that New York's restrictions on the concealed carry of firearms in public violates the Second Amendment. The law that was struck down required licenses to carry guns outside the home and only granted them when the applicant could demonstrate a need.”

View: https://www.npr.org/2022/06/23/1107029371/scotus-rules-restrictions-on-concealed-carry-violate-the-second-amendment

Here ya go:

What's with your user name? Was Adolph Hitler taken?

Back
Top Bottom