• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Someone pointed a rifle at me today and pulled the trigger!

Today in the Sportsmans Outpost in Wolcott, CT someone behind the counter pointed a Stevens Favorite rifle at me and pulled the trigger!

He was a short man with a grey mustache.

When I told him he had pulled the trigger with the rifle aimed at me he denied it and said it was aiming at the ground. What he said is not true.

Meanwhile he was still pointing the rifle at me!

The regular clerks were not there today (Sunday 3/24/13).

I will go back and talk to who I think is the boss there during the week.

I left as fast as I could.

I've knocked a many weapon out of someone's hands or swatted it away when someone points a weapon at me, loaded or not. They always get mad, but oh well.

No you should have stayed there and made a stink to have the manager look at the footage. If that got you know where tell them you would be contacting the Nazi's and the libitard news media for them to investigate. I'm sure they would have given you some kind of discount to keep you quite!

Charles.

Thank god there's an ammo shortage . Last year that could have been loaded
It was probably the owners brother in law or neighbor they brought on because of the increased sales lately
glad nothing happened

I've heard this becoming more and more an issue at ranges as there are tons of new gun owners recently. Hopefully more instructors will be offering safety classes, even if it is volunteer. I'm hoping to do exactly that now that I have a range and my schedule is slowly clearing up..

Well unfortunately there is not a whole lot you can do. Complaining to the management might help, but in the end it turns into a "he said, he said" unless you have witnesses. Even them, how far do you want to go with this.

Just don't patronize the place anymore. Take your money elsewhere.

Drawing down on the guy is really stupid advice and would not end well for the OP. That's keyboard commando crap. Same for "kicking him in the nut sack" guess whose going to get arrested for an A&B?

Well unfortunately there is not a whole lot you can do. Complaining to the management might help, but in the end it turns into a "he said, he said" unless you have witnesses. Even them, how far do you want to go with this.

If I were management and heard that one of my employees had pointed a rifle at a customer and pulled the trigger I'd be *very* concerned.

It wouldn't even matter if the customer was full of shit; the fact that the customer *thought* it'd happened would be too much. Everyone working in a gun store should be *so* careful about stuff like that the customers make fun of them for being over-cautious.

So, complaining might help.

HAd a loaded 1911 waved right in my face the other night. I dove to the ground FASt. He looked confused at my dive bomb and angry face. He hadnt realized he done it. Said he just bought it. Never owned a pistol. So I took the time to teach him proper safety and took him to the range. New people without developed habits can be very unintentionally dangerous.

Just don't patronize the place anymore. Take your money elsewhere.

Drawing down on the guy is really stupid advice and would not end well for the OP. That's keyboard commando crap. Same for "kicking him in the nut sack" guess whose going to get arrested for an A&B?

Good advice Mark, thanks.

I wonder if they have cameras.
They probably do.
It would be funny for them to review the film and see you stick the barrel up his ass

HAd a loaded 1911 waved right in my face the other night. I dove to the ground FASt. He looked confused at my dive bomb and angry face. He hadnt realized he done it. Said he just bought it. Never owned a pistol. So I took the time to teach him proper safety and took him to the range. New people without developed habits can be very unintentionally dangerous.

I find that if your draw your firearm, and point it directly at his face and yell in a deep loud voice... "Drop it ! Drop the gun or I will blow your effin head off!!!", while walking towards them, they tend not to point loaded firearms at me any more.

j/k [wink]

Why didnt you draw on him?

Because brandishing, which the cops would say it was, is illegal would be my guess. An employee flags you and your first reaction is to draw on him instead of pointing it out or moving out of the way and preventing escalation, when it's a store employee working and not a thug attacking you? You're not going to convince a judge and jury that drawing your knowingly loaded firearm and pointing it at him was a good idea.

The one and only person who intentionally pointed a rifle at me wound up with a nice dent on the hood of his truck that look remarkably like his face! You would have been justified in doing the same thing with that jackass except you could have used the wall for his faceprint.

Because brandishing, which the cops would say it was, is illegal would be my guess. An employee flags you and your first reaction is to draw on him instead of pointing it out or moving out of the way and preventing escalation, when it's a store employee working and not a thug attacking you? You're not going to convince a judge and jury that drawing your knowingly loaded firearm and pointing it at him was a good idea.

I guess some people don't get sarcasm.

Back
Top Bottom