Somerville police officer wounded after ‘unintentional discharge’ of gun

Another P320 just popping off.... my shocked face.... not. 🤣

Look at the P320 lawsuit appendices of that kid that shot himself walking his dog in NH. His lawsuit might be bullshit but the incidents cited in the appendices are questionable in the sense that all the cops involved can't possibly be at fault..... these aren't like Glock NDs where cops catch falling glocks, get shirt and raincoat lanyards stuck in trigger guard, etc.

Cops have been carrying various types of striker fired pistols for a long time. Various makes, how come recently it seems like 320's appear to be involved in a lot of these?

Cops have been carrying various types of striker fired pistols for a long time. Various makes, how come recently it seems like 320's appear to be involved in a lot of these?
Imo there's clearly something up with either the gun or the particular duty holsters in use.....

Channel 5 just did a whole 5 min story about that. Everyone wants to sue Sig.

Are the P320s actually having mechanical issues and firing? I haven't been paying attention. What am I missing?

Imo there's clearly something up with either the gun or the particular duty holsters in use.....
It would be helpful to know when these P320s were manufactured since Sig changed the internal design in response to earlier incidents and if there's any consistency to these stories and a particular type/model of holster.

BTW
THIS IS THE THIRD SIG DISCHARGE IN THE PAST 3 yrs

Is it sig or the way they are/were
Trained ?
Three common denominators
Police
Somerville
Sig

My 320 only goes bang when trigger pulled

Remember when they were saying Audis were uncontrollably accelerating? Blaming the technology, then they figured out the drivers were pressing the gas and thought they were pressing the brake.

Yeah except there are actually guys sitting around and guns firing without being touched. IMHO that can only be caused by shit gun or shit holster unless clothing is getting stuck in the holster.... ?

Here’s the thing though, there are a huge number of these guns in circulation, both private ownership and LEO/military. Given the large variety of people in the military, gun enthusiasts and non-gun enthusiasts, if it were the firearm, don’t you think we would see a ton more of these accidental/negligent discharges?

If I remember correctly, the Somerville cop who is suing Sig was walking with the gun loose in a backpack and it “suddenly” went off. Sure it did you moron.

Police training is crap. Yeah, there are cops who are good with firearms and some who are into firearms outside of the job. But there are A LOT of cops who do not handle firearms competently. They only handle guns in regards to work and work related training.

I’m very skeptical of any claim a gun just went off on its own. I’m very skeptical this cop didn’t case the gun to fire

Here’s the thing though, there are a huge number of these guns in circulation, both private ownership and LEO/military. Given the large variety of people in the military, gun enthusiasts and non-gun enthusiasts, if it were the firearm, don’t you think we would see a ton more of these accidental/negligent discharges?
Probably a "one in a million" type thing. I don't think anyone can explain why it fires unintentionally when it does but it does.

Another gun that "just went off" in the holster. We need to ban these things.....

Holsters?

Remember when they were saying Audis were uncontrollably accelerating? Blaming the technology, then they figured out the drivers were pressing the gas and thought they were pressing the brake.

How about the Toyotas that wouldn’t stop. Until T showed they all (Prius) had a black box and showed people weren’t braking at all. Lol

Probably a "one in a million" type thing. I don't think anyone can explain why it fires unintentionally when it does but it does.
Sure they can, if all the people that had ND's we're just honest and said " ya, I F*ckd up, I did a,b&c and then the gun discharged" instead of saying " it just went off on its own". then we would have more relevant information to base our opinions on. But of course nobody is going to do that and risk looking like an idiot and possibly subjecting themselves to legal repercussions.

Sure they can, if all the people that had ND's we're just honest and said " ya, I F*ckd up, I did a,b&c and then the gun discharged" instead of saying " it just went off on its own". then we would have more relevant information to base our opinions on. But of course nobody is going to do that and risk looking like an idiot and possibly subjecting themselves to legal repercussions.
Yes except for the fact that there are witnesses that literally were around some of these cops when the guns fired in the holster. ... I get that people lie to save their own skin/pride or whatever but this is different.

Minneapolis police have on video A320 discharging while a detective was walking his hands full of stuff the holstered gun went off.additionally there is a department in the middle of the country that has on video a officer on a traffic stop and it’s caught on the dash cam as he’s walking towards the violators car his hands in plain sight the gun goes off in the holster. A gentleman in Hillsborough New Hampshire had his holster 320 go off the police report clearly indicate based on the damage of the holster the gun was in its holster when discharged and there’s more you just need to know where to look for it

Minneapolis police have on video A320 discharging while a detective was walking his hands full of stuff the holstered gun went off.additionally there is a department in the middle of the country that has on video a officer on a traffic stop and it’s caught on the dash cam as he’s walking towards the violators car his hands in plain sight the gun goes off in the holster. A gentleman in Hillsborough New Hampshire had his holster 320 go off the police report clearly indicate based on the damage of the holster the gun was in its holster when discharged and there’s more you just need to know where to look for it
I've been trying to find the video of the two guys sitting in the cop truck and the gun fires and then the guy asks the other guy "You just see that, right? it was in The holster I wasn't touching it and it fired!" Etc. One of the appendices says that the video actually exists

Back
Top Bottom