Something that's really worth doing for the children

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
This one is just for Gabe. [wink]

Something that's really worth doing for the children is taking them to a MYCHIP event. http://mychip.org/

Masonic Youth Child Identification Project.
MYCHIP (Masonic Youth Child Identification Program) has identified more than 250,000 children since its inception in 1988, and it continues to assist families today. The program provides tools to help law enforcement authorities find and identify a lost or missing child. The Masons of Massachusetts, partnering with the Massachusetts Crime Prevention Officers Association and the Massachusetts Dental Association, donate MYCHIP resources to make this service available to the public. None of the materials are copies and all the identifying materials are given to the child's family.

The Free Program Materials

VIDEOTAPE: A brief videotaped interview that can be quickly distributed to the media in order to reach a huge audience.

FINGERPRINTING: Fingerprinting is a well-known means of identification. Resourceful parents keep fingerprints available should the need arise.

TOOTHPRINTS: A tooth print bite impression is quick and easy. Teeth, like fingerprints are unique. A dental imprint gives both accurate and important information for identification purposes.

CHEEKSWAB: A Q-tip is gently rubbed on the inside of a child’s cheek to gather DNA material.

I've worked at several of these events, and the parents are ALL grateful for this. We sincerely hope that you get to tuck these kits away and when the child hits 18, or gets married, or whatever, you give the kit to him and you can laugh about the video. (I keep telling the parents that they can use it as blackmail material when the child reaches dating age... threaten to show it to the boy/girlfriend!) BUT if it's ever needed (G-d forbid!) to help find a missing child, it's there.

This is FREE to the parents - repeat, FREE. We Masons do this because it's something we believe in. And yes, it's for the children. And for the parents.

As I hear about MYCHIP events, I'll post them in this thread. Mods, can you sticky this, and if you feel it needs to be moved to Off-Topic, please do so.

My husband has been a Mason for a couple of years and I think the first event he did was a CHIP event. Our kit is locked in the safe just in case. Great program.

My father along with being a Police Officer is also a mason and is very supportive of the MYChip Program. I have been working on getting the daycare center where I work to get involved with it.

Latest schedule:

> 09/29/2007: CHIP Event - Cambridge, MA
> 09/29/2007: CHIP Event - Orange, MA
> 09/29/2007: CHIP Event - Lenox, MA
> 09/29/2007: CHIP Event -Hubbard Hospital - Webster, MA
> 09/29/2007: CHIP Event - Framingham, MA
> 09/30/2007: CHIP Event - Quincy, MA
> 09/30/2007: CHIP Event - Milton, MA
> 10/06/2007: CHIP Event - South Yarmouth, MA
> 10/06/2007: CHIP Event - Gloucester, MA
> 10/06/2007: CHIP Event - Douglas, MA
> 10/06/2007: CHIP Event - East Longmeadow, MA
> 10/06/2007: CHIP Event - Springfield, MAq
> 10/13/2007: CHIP Event - Lexington, MA
> 10/13/2007: CHIP Event - Lynnfield, MA
> 10/13/2007: CHIP Event - Hanover, MA
> 10/13/2007: CHIP Event - Littleton, MA
> 10/27/2007: CHIP Event - Danvers, MA
> 10/27/2007: CHIP Event - Boston, MA

For links to each event which shows hours and exactly where they are, go here: http://mychip.org/

Last edited:
I'll be at the CHIP event in Webster on Saturday, 9/29.

Webster Lodge is putting this on at the request of Hubbard Memorial Hospital. It will run from 10AM to 2PM.

So all you NES mommies and daddies in Central MA, come down to Webster and get your kids videotaped, fingerprinted, toothprinted (the dentist who'll be there from 10 to noon doing this has already asked me about learning to shoot...) and DNA "printed" - and for the tin-foil-beanie brigade, let me repeat: ALL THE MATERIALS GO HOME WITH THE PARENTS!!! We are NOT registering kids, we're providing you with some tools, free, in case the worst happens.

Come on down and say Hi.

Back
Top Bottom