Source for .38 S&W Bullets?

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I just bought my first I-frame. It's a pre-war S&W pre-Model 33 Regulation Police in .38 S&W. I need a source for the .360" diameter bullets needed for this round.

I can receive these out of state so the whole Mass thing is not a problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'd be interested as well. I've got a Mod. 36 "Terrier" in the same caliber and did some looking around, without success, for .360 bullets. I've been using the standard .358 bullets and they shoot fine but can be a bit tricky to reload. I tried to work up some loads with .357 jacketed bullets but had so much trouble with bullet seating that I eventually gave up.

You might want to consider the Lee tumble lube bullet mold. I have a few of them, and I believe they drop a bullet around .360 with a 10 brinell alloy mix.
I can mike one if you are interested. I usually cast these for 38 spcl. & 357 mag, using wheel weights, but a little added pure lead will drop them larger.

o.k. I cast around 500 38 full wad cutters today using a mix of 17 to 3 wheel weights to pure lead. They miked out at .359. If I used a higher ratio of lead, they would come closer to .360, and even at .359 they should obturate to fill the grooves. You could probably use almost pure lead with a charge of 2-2.7 grains of Win. 231 with no leading problems. These bullets run around 148 grains, and are bulk lubed with liquid Alox, and not sized.

Back
Top Bottom