Southern Maine Gun Clubs / Ranges

Hey everyone. I frequent Southern Maine and will be living up there this summer. I am looking for your opinions on any public ranges or clubs that you would recommend I join. I currently am a member at BRP. I am looking to shoot pistol, rifle, and shotgun. If anything it will mostly be a combination of pistol and shotgun. I have a FID, I'll be applying for my LTC in a month.

Ideally I'd like to stay within the Southern Maine area and was looking at Sanford and Scarborough. Does anyone have feed back on these clubs or any other places I should take a look into? Thanks.

There are things you can do at Scarborough without being a member, Sporting Clays and Trap, and Wobble Trap, are all open to public, you can participate in a Bullseye pistol summer league (Thursday evenings, plus scheduled matches) without being a member, and if you meet a member or two or three, perhaps you can wangle an invite to use rifle range or utility ranges , accompanied by member, as a guest.

Falmouth Rod and Gun is open, public events include Sunday morning trap, Wednesday evening silhouette (free), Saturday morning falling plate matches, with an occasional steel challenge match, and other scheduled public events. Newly redone ranges after a period of closure, much improved.

York County Fish and Game in Lyman (Goodwins Mills) runs plate shoots on Sundays, also some skeet open to public.

North Berwick and SOuth Berwick are 2 others. We belong to both. NB does plate shoots twice a week and SB is big into trap. I belonged to Sanford and it is a nice club. They have 2 different ranges and do a variety of things.

Back
Top Bottom