Spotting scope

Unless you are shooting a .30 you are going to have a hard time seeing holes. What do you have for a scope now?

I have no experience with that scope. It might be great, It just looks bulky and difficult to mount on a scope stand you would use for HP.

B

Unless you are shooting a .30 you are going to have a hard time seeing holes. What do you have for a scope now?

I have no experience with that scope. It might be great, It just looks bulky and difficult to mount on a scope stand you would use for HP.

B

I used my friends 60 power,and i could see the holes on the white of the target. I could make out some on the black, but not many. I just thought 100 power would get me there.
Scope stand. Just bought a Pole Cat. Shipping soon.
Mike

I used my friends 60 power,and i could see the holes on the white of the target. I could make out some on the black, but not many. I just thought 100 power would get me there.
Scope stand. Just bought a Pole Cat. Shipping soon.
Mike

I've got a Kowa 883 -- about as good as it gets -- and even with a 60x eyepiece, seeing .22 holes at 200 yards is hit / miss depending on lighting. The only sure way I know to see .223 at that distance is to put a shoot-n-see sticker over the bull.

If I can ever get out to shoot I'll let you know and bring the scope and stand together if you still want to take a look.

I used crappy Barska 20-60x spotting scope. I can see 200 yards target with no problem @ 60x. It's cost less than $100.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

I used crappy Barska 20-60x spotting scope. I can see 200 yards target with no problem @ 60x. It's cost less than $100.

I read good review on Konus sporting scope. It's cost a bit more (under $200). Give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

B&H Photo, 420 9th Ave, New York, NY.

I know... but it's absolutely worth a visit, particularly if you are interested in photography at all.

Wait for high-power season to start up again, walk down the line and say "hey, can I look through your scope for a minute?"

befor you to bannanas..

Put s a sheet of white paper behind you target.

It will help more than you may think.

I also stack up shoot out targets as the range session progresses.

cheers

js

Back
Top Bottom