• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spring foraging walk 6/11/22

mousegunguy

NES Member
Join me once again at Farmer Matt’s in New Braintree for a spring foraging walk on his 300+ acre farm.
We’ll me at 10am on Saturday, June 11th at
Farmer Matt’s,
860 West Brookfield rd
New Braintree ma
Last time we found about 50 or so interesting plant to talk about and we never even made it out to woods or by the water so there’s lots more stuff to see.
Please dress appropriately for walking in the meadows and woods.
Bring your guide book.
The walk-a-bout will be $15 per participant and Matt can have lunch ready for you when we’re done.
If any of you have done a walk or workshop with me before you’re welcome to chime in as to what to expect
I hope y’all can make it.

Hi @mousegunguy ,

Looks like there is no sign up on Farmer Matt's website. Just show up and bring cash $ for the fee? My son and friend plan to attend.

OK for well behaved dogs to join? Asking for my son's friend- she brings her pooch just about everywhere. OK if no, but just checking.

Ordered some of those semi-transparent white sapling protectors for the chestnuts- on backorder but should have them soon. I have a small clearing in my woods where the chestnuts will be planted.

Hi @mousegunguy ,

Looks like there is no sign up on Farmer Matt's website. Just show up and bring cash $ for the fee? My son and friend plan to attend.

OK for well behaved dogs to join? Asking for my son's friend- she brings her pooch just about everywhere. OK if no, but just checking.

Ordered some of those semi-transparent white sapling protectors for the chestnuts- on backorder but should have them soon. I have a small clearing in my woods where the chestnuts will be planted.
No pre registration necessary
Just show up a few minutes early.
I’ll ask Matt about the pupper and get back to you.

Oh I missed this last time. Checking this weekends schedule. I want to take my son to this. He enjoys this type of stuff. Not sure we have a guide book guess it’s a trip to Barnes and noble.

Oh I missed this last time. Checking this weekends schedule. I want to take my son to this. He enjoys this type of stuff. Not sure we have a guide book guess it’s a trip to Barnes and noble.
It’d be nice to see ya again.
It’s been awhile.
No need to go buy a guide book unless he gets interested.
I’ll have a few with me you’re welcome to use.

LOL turns out my son's friend is out of town this weekend. I'll probably join him.

We have the Peterson guide- seems decent. Also my son has used one of the wild edibles apps with some good results. Can't remember which one he has. Turns out we have several spicebush plants on our property, and he made a tea that was delicious. Sort of a cross between allspice and sassafras.

It’d be nice to see ya again.
It’s been awhile.
No need to go buy a guide book unless he gets interested.
I’ll have a few with me you’re welcome to use.

Yes it’s been way to long. I tried once a while back to pop in (unannounced) but man I could remember where you where. Lol.
I very much want to go to this.

LOL turns out my son's friend is out of town this weekend. I'll probably join him.

We have the Peterson guide- seems decent. Also my son has used one of the wild edibles apps with some good results. Can't remember which one he has. Turns out we have several spicebush plants on our property, and he made a tea that was delicious. Sort of a cross between allspice and sassafras.
So now my kid is out. Girlfriend and family taking him to Florida. Will watch for the next one.

Thanks. I’m pretty bummin I really wanted to take my kid to this I’ve been bragging about you to him for a few years and his interests are aligned with your knowledge base and something I want to help grow. Lol.

So far just a mild head like cold. No fever or anything else but better safe then sorry.

Back
Top Bottom