• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield MA LTC

Hey everyone first time writing just wanted to let everyone know that I applied for a Springfield LTC no restriction today the process was not as bad as i thought it would be. First thing this morning I went to the Local PD and I gave the clerk my application. I was then called to the back by a detective. Once I was in the back I was fingerprinted then I had my picture taken. Lastly I gave the detective my social security number and he ran it to through the computer and replied im good to go. I asked him if i would have an interview he stated that springfield no longer does interviews that they submit the application for unrestricted LTC hopefully i will get mine unrestricted now I am playing the waiting game i will keep you guys updated.

Hey everyone first time writing just wanted to let everyone know that I applied for a Springfield LTC no restriction today the process was not as bad as i thought it would be. First thing this morning I went to the Local PD and I gave the clerk my application. I was then called to the back by a detective. Once I was in the back I was fingerprinted then I had my picture taken. Lastly I gave the detective my social security number and he ran it to through the computer and replied im good to go. I asked him if i would have an interview he stated that springfield no longer does interviews that they submit the application for unrestricted LTC hopefully i will get mine unrestricted now I am playing the waiting game i will keep you guys updated.
Good luck. Ive been told many times by different people that i must own a business or need it for work to get my restrictions lifted. When i requested they be lifted, they said chief cocran said no because i did not have a valid reason to vet them lifted. When i asked what is a valid reason, they told me once again, owning a business or needing it for work

Good luck. Ive been told many times by different people that i must own a business or need it for work to get my restrictions lifted. When i requested they be lifted, they said chief cocran said no because i did not have a valid reason to vet them lifted. When i asked what is a valid reason, they told me once again, owning a business or needing it for work

Thanks for the good luck a guy I know at the gym told me he got an unrestricted and he has a juvenile record for arson i think the new chief is a understanding guy I would try again to get my restrictions lifted the new chief of springfield is John Barbeiro

yes but mine was handled by deputy chief cocran. I actually just called now and once again was told I have to have a reason such as needing it for work or owning a business that deposits large amounts of cash and even then its up to the deputy chief. maybe I should send in a letter addressed directly to the chief so the deputy chief does not deal with it. it sucks we even have to go through this

btw, where in springfield are you?

also, go green and pay for the membership here. trust me, its $21 you will not regret spending. so much good info on here. also you get to enjoy the perks of the free stuff people give away in the members section and sometimes even discounts on things people are selling. sometimes they will take lets say $50 off of an item if you are a green member here. you also get to have the perk of joining in on group buys and saving lots of cash and get to go to things like the car shoot or the pumpkin shoot open to green members only.

btw, where in springfield are you?

also, go green and pay for the membership here. trust me, its $21 you will not regret spending. so much good info on here. also you get to enjoy the perks of the free stuff people give away in the members section and sometimes even discounts on things people are selling. sometimes they will take lets say $50 off of an item if you are a green member here. you also get to have the perk of joining in on group buys and saving lots of cash and get to go to things like the car shoot or the pumpkin shoot open to green members only.

I am in south end Springfield I would like to go green but I am not sure how to do so

Welcome to the green side. So what kind of guns are you into
Thanks for the invite I am a handgun guy myself I just moved from VA currently have a 9mm glock 3rd gen and a s&w sd9ve currently looking to buy more but apparently I have to wait for MA and their License In VA you walk in pay for your gun and pick it up in 7 days things are much different here.

Howdo you like the s&w. I was lookingat themand my buddy tjat works at s&w talked me out of it

The first day i got my s&w i took it to the range fired about 200 rounds through it then the slide kept locking to the rear with a full clip i sent it in to have it repaired ever since that i dont feel comfortable with s&w im looking at springfield armory. do you have any reccomendations?

Ummm dont you do flea markets and lots of Craigslist stuff and have large amounts of cash on you for that purpose ??[smile]

I live in a surrounding town to Springfield and I wouldn't go to Spfld without being armed, day or night.
Welcome to our backward state, it's hard to believe it all started here.

Sorry guys that sucks.

Springfield is def. a place you need to cc.

Good luck

what is this supposed to mean?

Ummm dont you do flea markets and lots of Craigslist stuff and have large amounts of cash on you for that purpose ??[smile]
i bet if i said that, it would be enough of a valid reason. I am certified as an emt and also an aha instructor. As an instructor you can teach a class that if you collect cash, can be over $1000 at a time. I put that as a reason. Nope. Still restricted. Sadly because of this, i have not taught any classes as i live in springfield and will not put myself at that kind of risk carrying that kind of cash. I think i am going to write another letter and this time address it to the comissioner and not to whome it may concern. Last letter i wrote got in the hands of the deputy chief and i was denied

Last edited:
i bet if i said that, it would be enough of a valid reason. I am certified as an emt and also an aha instructor. As an instructor you can teach a class that if you collect cash, can be over $1000 at a time. I put that as a reason. Nope. Still restricted. Sadly because of this, i have not taught any classes as i live in springfield and will not put myself at that kind of risk carrying that kind of cash. I think i am going to write another letter and this time address it to the comissioner and not to whome it may concern. Last letter i wrote got in the hands of the deputy chief and i was denied

When I applied I wrote a letter and addressed it to the Chief John Barbeiro and after i was done getting finger printed I asked if i would be interviewed one of the detectives said No I then said I want to ensure Chief John views my application and I would like to my unrestricted LTC I was told that Chief John issues unrestricted LTC and if he gets my application then I can also expect an unrestricted I am keeping my fingers crossed as I patiently play the waiting game.

good luck pmoney. unrestricted is not impossible in springfield. this past year had a friend who had his ltc less than a year with target and hunting restrictions write a letter in to the PD after the law changes and got his changed to unrestricted. again, good luck and welcome to the area. what type of work do you do, what brought ya up from VA. cheers and good for you for going green, well worth it!

The first day i got my s&w i took it to the range fired about 200 rounds through it then the slide kept locking to the rear with a full[ clip] i sent it in to have it repaired ever since that i dont feel comfortable with s&w im looking at springfield armory. do you have any reccomendations?

It's a magazine son not a clip. End rant, thank you.[smile]

good luck pmoney. unrestricted is not impossible in springfield. this past year had a friend who had his ltc less than a year with target and hunting restrictions write a letter in to the PD after the law changes and got his changed to unrestricted. again, good luck and welcome to the area. what type of work do you do, what brought ya up from VA. cheers and good for you for going green, well worth it!

Thanks 413Dan I appreciate it I am in the concrete business I came from VA because I was dating a girl up here in mass for two years long distance when she had my daughter I convinced her to come down south but she refused so here I am in MA still trying to get used to it and make some friends since all I do is go to work and to the gym hopefully I can get into some good clubs and meet new people

Hey everyone so today I got a card in the mail stating that my application has been processed and I have 5 days to come pick up the license so Monday I will be going down came pretty quick keeping fingers crossed that it is ALP I will let you guys know then

Back
Top Bottom