SR45 in production

I'll check out the s45. But I still might lean towards the g30 or one of the smaller xd guns for what I want it for.

Wonder if its roughly the same size of the sr9?

If you want a 1911 get a 5 inch lol.
I forget what people call them but I wouldn't mind a 5 inch slide on the shorter grip frame. The grip is the tough part to conceal .

Compliance is only an issue for dealers, we've been over that. And if it's in production, they probably haven't had time to submit it yet for testing and all the crap MA makes them do. If it is anything like the rest of the SR series, it will be, I should be shocked if this was the one that doesn't become MA compliant.

I'll check out the s45. But I still might lean towards the g30 or one of the smaller xd guns for what I want it for.

Wonder if its roughly the same size of the sr9?

If you want a 1911 get a 5 inch lol.
I forget what people call them but I wouldn't mind a 5 inch slide on the shorter grip frame. The grip is the tough part to conceal .
I have the S&W 1911 3" pro w/iwb holster and it sticks me in my side... Its small enough but just too many sharp edges for carry. Would love a XDs but for the money the sr45 might be a good deal..

I have the S&W 1911 3" pro w/iwb holster and it sticks me in my side... Its small enough but just too many sharp edges for carry. Would love a XDs but for the money the sr45 might be a good deal..

What pokes you?
I have a crappy iwb nylon holster with no backing etc. the only thing that I hate about carrying a full size 1911 right now is the hammer area and mag well poking me. A holster with a backing will fix this for me. But a under shirt been working for me till I get a better holster.

I'm a skinny dude and was shocked how easy I hide my 1911 ...

What pokes you?
I have a crappy iwb nylon holster with no backing etc. the only thing that I hate about carrying a full size 1911 right now is the hammer area and mag well poking me. A holster with a backing will fix this for me. But a under shirt been working for me till I get a better holster.

I'm a skinny dude and was shocked how easy I hide my 1911 ...
also the hammer area is what pokes me.. I have a leather holster I got from eBay without a backing.. I will be looking into a remora next and see if that helps.. I'm kinda skinny. Just got a bit of a belly...hahaha 5'5" @ 155

Last edited:
Look up crossbreed , I think there still around . Never heard any thing bad about them and there prices are good.
Havnt been to there site since I heard the owner passed.

5'11" 165
ese4etu4.jpg

The mag really digs in tho jk.

Well this is going to be expensive.

I liked my P345 other than the trigger. MA compliant, who wants?

I want a good 9mm so maybe I will check them out.. I'm guessing FS guns for the $399 price?

Yes FS.

SR45 and an XDs are completely different ballgames, double stack vs single stack.

Yup. My SR9c was $399 cash and still is , if they're in stock. Best deal for an excellent gun IMHO. I want the 5" 1911 first but the commander is pretty nice.

Love my commander length Kimber, and all my Rugers... going to have to make some room in the safe I don't use.

Matter of fact, I think the actions on all of Ruger's guns are far superior to most peoples' stock triggers.

Their double action revolvers
Their single action revolvers
Their SR series pistols & 1911

People can bitch about the warning labels all they want to. For the most part, they don't do that anymore. They still make a nice, quality, AFFORDABLE gun, without having to spend another $100 on an APEX trigger kit. Cough S&W cough.

Matter of fact, I think the actions on all of Ruger's guns are far superior to most peoples' stock triggers.

Their double action revolvers
Their single action revolvers
Their SR series pistols & 1911

People can bitch about the warning labels all they want to. For the most part, they don't do that anymore. They still make a nice, quality, AFFORDABLE gun, without having to spend another $100 on an APEX trigger kit. Cough S&W cough.

The striker fire on the SR's is awesome... I picked up a full size sr9 for myself after shooting my wifes sr9c... just incase I want to travel light. The trigger is as nice as my super carry pro.

My p345 trigger is the worst damn thing in the world, looking forward to the SR45.

The striker fire on the SR's is awesome... I picked up a full size sr9 for myself after shooting my wifes sr9c... just incase I want to travel light. The trigger is as nice as my super carry pro.

My p345 trigger is the worst damn thing in the world, looking forward to the SR45.

I regret everyday selling my SR9c. If they come out with a SR45c, which they will, I'll be all over it.

For a MA trigger the SR9c is awesome. I don't even think Ruger changed anything haha. But I looked at the 345 and you're not alone. Check here , you can just swap the hammer spring and see if it will make it a gun you actually like.

Why the heck is the LCR in 22WM a 6 shot? Isn't a 5 shot .38-.357 cyl. strong/big enough for 7-8 rounds that size? Also, why not .327 like the Sp101, seems like that would have made more sense.

Agree on SR45... New Hotness.

For a MA trigger the SR9c is awesome. I don't even think Ruger changed anything haha. But I looked at the 345 and you're not alone. Check here , you can just swap the hammer spring and see if it will make it a gun you actually like.

Might be worth a shot, but now since there are two sr's in the house, why not 3?

The P345 puts anything to shame in terms of reliability though, I cant make it cause a failure... probably got 2500 rounds through it over the last 4+ years.... including shit Winchester White.

I regret everyday selling my SR9c. If they come out with a SR45c, which they will, I'll be all over it.

This. I still have my 9c but ill be all over a 45c as long as it has moderate capacity. . If the trigger is good ill be buying the full size as well. I carry the g21 all winter anyway so the full size gets some use

. Certainly these rugers arent better than glocks (with exception of the triggers) but they are more affordable and easier to get.

The SR's reset is way longer than a Glock, though. It's at least as bad as a stock M&P. May be fixable, not sure.

I'd rather have a Glock any day of the week.... but Ruger has done a great job with their skinflint guns overall. Lets think about it- in that price class, every other manufacturer is far worse. A sigma? junk. Taurus? junk. Kel Tec? Mostly junk. At least Ruger delivers some value.

-Mike

The SR's reset is way longer than a Glock, though. It's at least as bad as a stock M&P. May be fixable, not sure.

I'd rather have a Glock any day of the week.... but Ruger has done a great job with their skinflint guns overall. Lets think about it- in that price class, every other manufacturer is far worse. A sigma? junk. Taurus? junk. Kel Tec? Mostly junk. At least Ruger delivers some value.

-Mike

Yup. Even the SR's reset can be fixed. I carry my Gen 4 19 every now and then and there is only one issue I have with all Glocks, the give & take style trigger. You really need to know where it breaks in order to pull off an accurate shot. It's dead accurate but the trigger is not as smooth as my SR9c. I know you can install the Ghost trigger bar etc, but I refuse to touch a carry gun's internal components. I can't wait to see how my XDs shoots. I was shocked when I dry fired it for the first time, very crisp.

Yup. Even the SR's reset can be fixed. I carry my Gen 4 19 every now and then and there is only one issue I have with all Glocks, the give & take style trigger. You really need to know where it breaks in order to pull off an accurate shot.

Not really. If you're concentrating that hard on the break point of the trigger, you're shooting too slow. The only thing you have to do to be accurate with a Glock, M&P (an un****ed one, at least) XD or whatever, is stop slapping the shit out of the trigger. [laugh]

. I know you can install the Ghost trigger bar etc, but I refuse to touch a carry gun's internal components.

Why? More ayoob fumes? [laugh] Didn't you polish stuff in your SR? That's not really any different. That said, I've never needed to mess with the stock connector on any of my carry guns. I've just left well enough alone. The only gun I've had worked on a lot is the G21SF, and I mostly kill bowling pins with that, and for some reason that gun had a heavy pull when it started life, but I wouldn't hesitate to carry that gun with the setup it has in it now. I think it has a Ghost 3.5 in it and the reset is shortened up. It's still like 5 pounds or so because of the striker spring. The only other Glock I had thought about messing with was the Gen4 G17, but when I had Glock repair the gun, it came back with the ATF (minus) connector in it, so that made it tolerable enough that I just left it alone.

-Mike

Reset? On a stock M&P? Never felt it.

Every time I pick up an M&P that isn't modified I usually end up shorting the reset the first few times because I expect the trigger to reset and it doesn't.

-Mike

Looks like my Ruger collection may grow. My P345 may need a compact cousin as soon as they are out.

I started carrying the P345 recently, because my S&W 642 is back at the factory getting fixed for a broken trigger pivot pin. I find it not bad carrying this big heavy lump, but something a little lighter would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom