SR45 in production

I just bought this 45 today. Nice trigger (dryfire any way). I'll try to get pictures later. I was selling another NES'er a 22 and saw this available and bought it. Definitely a spontaneous purchase. I knew if I waited to think about it it would be gone. Nice price for a 45, plus no extra needed for a trigger job.

Ok tease, where did you buy it and how much was it?

Thanks

The trigger is crisp on these too?? I figured that the 45 would have a slightly heavier trigger than the SR9c, don't tell me this! I want one even more now.

if its anything like the other SR's, which we know it is...it will be accurate, reliable, and easy to use as well as affordable. and judging by that 459 number the last part is proven! now all i need to do is buy one...[laugh]

my club FFL said they were backordered from Ruger when I asked for one about a month ago, going to have to follow up on that.

I've been checking Ruger's site regularly to catch these the instant they were MA approved. It turns out they've been on the list since at least March, just not the black nitride model I wanted. The all-black one is not safe enough for us to own in this state, but the stainless one is! Time to find a local shop to order one for me.

3/2013 Approved Roster (search for KSR45)

Stainless SR45

So how did she shoot, and compare to other fullsize 45's???

- - - Updated - - -

I am waiting to see if they will come out with the SR45c, which eventually I am sure they will. Then they will have the full line.

Test fire date is the factory test fire date. I have not shot it yet.

Update: Just shot the gun. 100% function. Only fired 50 rounds, 40 fmj and 10 hollow points. All I had was one box of each. Recoil was mild, not even noticed with 230gr fmj. Same for 185gr hollow points except I could feel the sting a little in the hand with those (Rem Golden Sabers). The trigger was nice but hard for me to get used to at first. I'm so used to Glock and M&P take up that the non existent take up was hard at first.

First shots at target with fmj, then shot steel. I never shoot for groups except with a new gun to see how it does. Free hand shooting at target, no bench. First shot from 10 yards just high off target, second and third just on edge and then I settled down with the trigger, left of target is me probably, not sights. Shot steel for fun after first few at target. Other photo my home made target stand with steel hanging on sides and targets go in the middle. All other holes in plywood are killing zombies in previous outings. I did not shoot at lower target.

Target is 6" and steel plates are 8".

Last edited:
gotta ask bud, im not a fan or hater of .40. how does the fullsize SR40 shoot? im kinda digging one in all black!
I got it used off a buddy, only done about 50 round myself but it's exactly what I expected, the SR9 with a larger bullet coming out. If you've shot others in the SR series and like them, you won't be disappointed.

If you get a price let us know, I'm hoping its around the same as the other SR's ~$430

I am sure it is. I would grab one if I had the funds. It would go nice next to my other Ruger 45's.

- - - Updated - - -

I just called FS, and yes it is $439 CC price. Take 2% off for cash.

I saw M&J had two two-tone for $520 I believe. I know it's not fs prices but just throwing it out there

Also, keep in mind that they only have the 2-tone model. The all black is too killy for us MA residents.

I'm ok with that, I have the all black SR9c for carry, I don't see myself carrying an SR45 so the two tone is fine...I actually really like the look, my 40 is two tone and my full size 9 was two tone

Back
Top Bottom