State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
734511_4471839708745_101268274_n.jpg

Great turnout today! Fricken awesome! Even the cops on duty were awesome.

Fianlly felt a little solidarity and I can honestly say I was proud of the turnout. Kudos to all. I am going to try to and live feed the next one so anyone who cannot be there physically can still see what is going on.

Newbie to NES.com - thanks to those who made it - great turnout. Wish I could have been there today but will be there for the next one. I did the next best thing and sent emails to all my state legislators.

Last edited:
Great turnout. Excellant Growd. Only thing that could be improved upon is the sound system for the speakers. I am sure there were restricitons on the sound system. I am going to check with You do it Electronics in Needham, To see if they have a way to broadcast over an FM frequency. Everyone in the crowd could turn to the FM frequency on smart phone and listen, Maybe this will be a work around for the next rally. Thank you Derek for making NES you are the Paul Revere of our time. Thank you to the organizers, the attendies, and everyone that gets off their ass and rights a letter or makes a phone call to perserve our rights.

Great turnout. Excellant Growd. Only thing that could be improved upon is the sound system for the speakers. I am sure there were restricitons on the sound system. I am going to check with You do it Electronics in Needham, To see if they have a way to broadcast over an FM frequency. Everyone in the crowd could turn to the FM frequency on smart phone and listen, Maybe this will be a work around for the next rally. Thank you Derek for making NES you are the Paul Revere of our time. Thank you to the organizers, the attendies, and everyone that gets off their ass and rights a letter or makes a phone call to perserve our rights.
Yeah, we didn't think of that until too late and unlike assembly and speach, there is a permit (noise pollution) for amplified sound. I called, but he was gone for the day by the time I did.

Again, gratitude to BPD, they let us know we were clear to use megaphones this morning and Captain Lee apologized for not mentioning it when I inquired previously.

You live you learn.

My apologies for not thinking to ask as well...

- - - Updated - - -

They are lumping NH in there in which case there we OC'ers from what I understand and seem to be confirmed above.

Huge thanks to whoever it was that gave me a sign when I showed up empty handed, sorry I apparently mangled it a bit.... I blame the wind, it was kind of hard to hold it up high without it collapsing.

Does anyone who was near the front of the building know if there was much media coverage? I saw two big tv cameras walking by at some point, and another reporter with a cameraman who seemed to just take a 10 second clip saying "yup, here we are at gun appreciation day".

Just getting back from the State House. I had the pleasure of meeting some new NESr's as well as shaking hands with some NESr's that I hadn't met before.I was truly impressed by by both the turn out and enthusiasm of the crowd. It should also be noted that the BPD was very polite, respectful and professional

The United States Marine Corps was very well represented and NES's own Jarhead66 few short words will stay with me forever. He is a true class act and we are lucky to have him in our ranks. He was also the first one there. NES member "Business" was looking sharp and it was nice to meet him.

This event was very well organized, and for the most part, everyone that was handed the bullhorn was well spoken and represented our community very well. Some folks also did a great job with their signs.

I'd like to thank everyone that worked to put this together, took the time to attend or was brave enough to grab the bullhorn. You all made me proud. Semper Fi

Last edited:
Huge thanks to whoever it was that gave me a sign when I showed up empty handed, sorry I apparently mangled it a bit.... I blame the wind, it was kind of hard to hold it up high without it collapsing.

Does anyone who was near the front of the building know if there was much media coverage? I saw two big tv cameras walking by at some point, and another reporter with a cameraman who seemed to just take a 10 second clip saying "yup, here we are at gun appreciation day".
They were there and doing interviews. Not a lot of "branded" media, they clearly farmed this out to independents. I guess we wait and see how it goes at this point.

Thanks again to all who came out and made this a huge success.

- - - Updated - - -

There was an EMS truck there blocking traffic briefly, was everyone ok over there? It seemed pretty low key, but a concern none-the-less if anyone got hurt.

IM guessing the number closer to 2000 uploadfromtaptalk1358628127066.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358628145463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358628145463.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 204
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358628221963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358628221963.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 207
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358628222031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358628222031.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 211