State House News: PATRICK, A HUMBLE HUNTER

2/18

Gov. Deval Patrick on Wednesday reported a successful pheasant-hunting expedition, delving into a discussion of a pastime that has posed pitfalls for a string of politicians, including Sen. John Kerry and former Gov. Mitt Romney. Appearing on WTKK this afternoon, Patrick said he had bagged pheasants “in another life,” during his time in the corporate world. “I hunted pheasant … I got a bunch of ’em actually,” Patrick said, adding, “It was something. I think I looked like Elmer Fudd with my shotgun.” In a likely reference to former Vice President Dick Cheney’s peppering of a friend during a 2006 hunt, Patrick volunteered, “I shot no one in the face.”

2/18

I think I looked like Elmer Fudd with my shotgun.” In a likely reference to former Vice President Dick Cheney’s peppering of a friend during a 2006 hunt, Patrick volunteered, “I shot no one in the face.”

Thanks for keeping it classy Elmer ... uh, Deval. [rolleyes]

His shotgun? Does he have an LTC? Is it stored legally? Did he have to go through the hassle to get the LTC too?

Not likely it was even his. Sounds like these were corporate-sponsored "networking" events. I'll bet he was using a borrowed/rented gun.

$5 says he was at a Corporate meet and greet at Addieville East Farms in Burriville, RI for a driven pheasant shoot. Geoff Gabe lent him a POS 12ga. SXS.

2/18

Gov. Deval Patrick on Wednesday reported a successful peasant-hunting expedition, delving into a discussion of a pastime that has posed pitfalls for a string of politicians, including Sen. John Kerry and former Gov. Mitt Romney. Appearing on WTKK this afternoon, Patrick said he had bagged peasants “in another life,” during his time in the corporate world. “I hunted peasant … I got a bunch of ’em actually,” Patrick said, adding, “It was something. I think I looked like Elmer Fudd with my shotgun.” In a likely reference to former Vice President Dick Cheney’s peppering of a friend during a 2006 hunt, Patrick volunteered, “I shot one in the face.”

[laugh2]

I corrected the spelling and removed the double negative at the end.

Wasnt he chief legal counsel for Coca Cola? It was probably a canned, chabli sipping, finger sandwich eating quail shoot on someone's preserve in GA.

Back
Top Bottom