• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Statie looses ltc after dui crash.

His stress from the gang unit caused his work-related disability of alcohol abuse, he will go to rehab. If he is liked, after the trial (or plea) when the attention of the media goes away he'll be back on the job. If he is not liked they will make an example of him.

His stress from the gang unit caused his work-related disability of alcohol abuse, he will go to rehab. If he is liked, after the trial (or plea) when the attention of the media goes away he'll be back on the job. If he is not liked they will make an example of him.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Job related stress led to his drinking, and subsequent drunk driving and carrying while intoxicated. Since it's a "work related injury" he'll go to rehab on the taxpayer dime, as well as collect his full salary and benefits during that time, then return to duty with no real consequences for his actions.

IIRC, another police officer already used that argument when he was caught drunk driving. I don't know how it worked out for him though.

seeing as the mass state police is a big gang, isnt a "gang unit" redundant?

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...oper_charged_with_drunken_driving_after_crash

good...let him be treated the same as we serfs!

From the Eagle Tribune

is that a vintage Corvette??

g0002580000000000001ce09645dfb85a79e2a3154ae83427a8105d0fe1.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's the standard disposition for a first DUI in Mass.

Only if the defendant isn't stupid enough to blow into the machine and he has a good lawyer. I'm sure plenty of people get hung in MA on first offense DUI all the time... course it is worse if there is a crash/injury/drama as opposed to a "casual" DUI stop.

He should have just raided the wrong address and pointed guns at 5 kids and their mother. He would just say sorry and walk.

Pretty sure that's the standard disposition for a first DUI in Mass.

True for the OUI, but what about the carrying while under the influence charge?

Pretty sure it's not

A first offense OUI in MA will generally get a CWOF, provided the defendant doesn't disrespect the system by going pro-se. OUI CWOF is a funny beast, and carries many of the penalties of a conviction (often includes a license suspension; treated as a guilty finding for insurance rating purposes; treated as if it were a conviction for the purposes of a "second offense OUI charge" in the future; can include requirement defendant attend reprogramming classes), but without the other complications of a "conviction". (Prohibited person status; showing up on the employer visible version of CORI, etc.).

Last edited:
Only if the defendant isn't stupid enough to blow into the machine and he has a good lawyer. I'm sure plenty of people get hung in MA on first offense DUI all the time... course it is worse if there is a crash/injury/drama as opposed to a "casual" DUI stop.

I had the same afterthought after I posted, but I was on my phone and didn't feel like editing it.

First offense w/ no admissible BAC = 1 year CWOF, 6 month or 12 month (if under 21) license suspension for not offering evidence to incriminate yourself by submitting to a chemical breath test, and some victim witness fees.

And lots of explaining even 17 years down the road whenever you undergo any sort of background investigation.

The saddest part of the whole thing was that a classic vet was the victim!! Only so many of those left...if it was a 67 with a 427 and a stinger hood I may just cry...fantasy car of mine...

The saddest part of the whole thing was that a classic vet was the victim!! Only so many of those left...if it was a 67 with a 427 and a stinger hood I may just cry...fantasy car of mine...

The stinger hood would bolt up to a 327, 300 hp car.

This trooper must truly be hated by "his brothers in blue" for the MSP to hang him out like this. That's really the only time any of them have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Back
Top Bottom