Status of .223 market?

Spoke with one online dealer this morning - he said that the buying activity is still accelerating. A week ago he had 1K packs of PMC 55gr. FMJ for $362 shipped. That's all gone and he doesn't expect a new shipment until April.

Went to another online dealer and got a pack for $418 shipped. Even they were quoting 7-10 days delay between order and shipping.

It seems hard to find .223 at all now, forget trying to get a reasonable price.

What are you all finding in the market?

attachment.php

Attachments

• SalesmanOfTheMonth.jpg
    SalesmanOfTheMonth.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 395
I bought a few hundred rounds of Federal .223 at Wal-Mart last week for $39/100. Also got a 400-round pack of XM193 last month at Collectors for $160, so $.40 per round seems to be the going rate lately, and I just can't afford to spend more than that. That's my line in the sand. Otherwise, I'll just continue to stock up on 7.62 x 39, which I can buy twice as much of.

I really envy you guys who were buying 1,000-round cases of this stuff a couple years ago.

ammo

Mornin all... Millers Falls Gun Shack (on gunbroker) has some bulk 223. I think it's Federal. He posts that he has a couple cases. Check it out. Also has a Cetme? FYI Hope this is ok to post. Just checked Its PMC

Last edited:
Spoke with one online dealer this morning - he said that the buying activity is still accelerating. A week ago he had 1K packs of PMC 55gr. FMJ for $362 shipped. That's all gone and he doesn't expect a new shipment until April.

PMC is still making ammo? hmm...

-Mike

Mike - I believe they are back in biz - loading up ammo in Korea...

This is interesting... hopefully another player will help bring prices down a
bit. I thought they had closed up a year or two ago and that was it.

-Mike

This is interesting... hopefully another player will help bring prices down a
bit. I thought they had closed up a year or two ago and that was it.

-Mike

They had a whole bunch at Cabelas when I was there yesterday. $8.99 for a pack of 20RND's. I picked up a few just to try them. They did not have any cases.

I was at Roaches in Cambridge this afternoon and they had 20rd boxes of Lake City for $3.95. I was just about to buy them out when the guy behind the counter asked me if I realized that they were blanks :(

If you’re looking for decent value in .556 mm, M193 ammo Hansen Arms in CT. is getting a supply of Prvi Partizan in this week. (it is NATO spec, brass cased RELOADABLE) It’s $395 per case and he is taking names to reserve orders.
This is the same ammo company which was imported ammo in the 80's and 90's under the name Hansen Cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom