Stoney Acre Sports in Sutton, MA

Name: Stoney Acre Sports

Shop: Small

Customer Service: Good

Prices: Moderate

Purchases made: Arsenal Inc Ak-47 ( SA M-7 Carbine in 7.62x39)

Details:

Okay, went there Sat AM. About 1 hour 20 minute drive from the south shore. This shop is out of this guys house. He built a large shed sized builing in his yard. Very hard to find unless you know the area. I got loast twice. However, it was a beautiful day and the ride was enjoyable.

In talking to him it seems he mostly worked gun shows. He is pleasant to deal with, and seems to be on the local PD.

The prices were okay. Nothing to brag about. He had a rifle I was looking for so I was in a bind. If Four Seasons could have gotten in, they would have wanted $625. I paid $700 at Stoney Acres.

This was the last rifle of this type in the state. Arsenal got out of the pre-ban business whe the AWB sunsetted. Now they only making post-ban rifles. I called them up and they have no pre-ban inventory left.

Ammo was very reasonable. 1000 rounds of 7.62 for $110. Four Seasons can;t get it. M&M in Plymouth has it for about $150.

I also got some 30 round clips for $10 per. Normal price was $20 but he gave me a break.

Bottom line, I'd shop there again.

I feel pretty good about tracking this beauty down & can't wait to shoot it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never bought from him, but I've talked with him numerous times over the years (at gun shows). Seems like a very nice guy.

You might post his address/phone/Email when you post a review so that others might be able to find him.

Here's some more info that I found thanks to Google:

http://www.stoneyacressports.com/
437 Mendon Road Suite 2 B
Sutton MA 01590-2333
(508) 865-4401
[email protected]
Monday - Friday: 9a.m. - 2p.m.
Saturday: 8a.m. - 3p.m.
Sunday: call for an appointment

senorFrog said:
LenS, no need for google, I posted his website in my original post. [wink]

<Doh!>

Time to get my eyes re-examined?

Oh well, all the rest of the info makes easy work for others.

Stoney Acre Sports

Needed some ammo 7.62x39mm Wal-mart and dicks both didn't have any and did a search and found.

Stoney Acre Sports
437 Mendon Road
Sutton, MA
http://www.stoneyacressports.com/

I got that Romanian WASR from four seasons and my friend from RI came up to go shooting with me and was oh ya don't worry about ammo i got plenty of that size. So ya i didn't get any when i was there Saturday. Also picked up a P22 with laser sight for my sis to shoot with me. But ya he should up with 7.62x56mm.

got 500rds for $100 Even well + $5 for tax for 105 total.

Little home shop off the side of his house. Very Friendly guy gave me a nice welcome. talked a little about the price of ammo going up and some stupid laws that are trying to get passed.

Can get almost anything . it was only 8mins for my house basically hes going to be my new local guy for most of my needs.

Thanks Gary for the "s" tip. Now it works.
Dealt with John on a number of occasions. He's a real stand up guy.
Found him to be very pleasant and honest to deal with.

On his website you'll see that our own 50BMG, Fred, new president of Mansfield Fish and Game is a sales manager for Stoney Acre

Back
Top Bottom