Strickland & Son Gunsmith Berkley, Ma

Does stricklands have alot of military guns right now. And if he does what are the price ranges from. I rember earliar this year he had to gun holding racks in the back full. Is it still full.

I went to Ron's Saturday and he was closed for inventory.

Heard second hand:

Last week the store got broken into and many guns were taken. Exactly how many I'm not sure but I heard a considerable amount.

It appears that the cops have 2 guys in lock up. Caught them pretty much red handed.

That sucks. No store owner needs that crap.

I stopped by last friday and there was a sign on the door about being closed for inventory. I thought something was up since the shop doesn't seem like the type of place that even does inventorys. I hope he gets all the guns back safe and sound.

That stinks. he is a good guy. Me and my dad wanted to head there tuesday. is he gonna be open. also does he have alot of guns right now. Last time i went he had alot of side by sides and rifles. He also had alot of military guns. are the two shelves still pack with military guns. also is price ranges hight for those guns. when i go to gun shops i like to look at alot of guns not just 4 or 5. thanks.

Last edited:
That stinks. he is a good guy. Me and my dad wanted to head there tuesday. is he gonna be open. also does he have alot of guns right now. Last time i went he had alot of side by sides and rifles. He also had alot of military guns. are the two shelves still pack with military guns. also is price ranges hight for those guns. when i go to gun shops i like to look at alot of guns not just 4 or 5. thanks.

Dude go to ZHA if you want Military style, as far as price, if you want to start at the low end but brand new (WASR-10) have at least $550.00 on you.

Did he just a bunch of stuff in ? I was there maybe 3 weeks ago and can't remember being in a poorer excuse for a gunshop , inventory wise . And that was before what I heard was another break - in .

Just had some AK receivers parkerized at Strickland's, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

IMG_0695.jpg

Ron quoted me cheaper than two other people that do parkerizing/blueing. Saved me some coin and was a good guy to do business with. For all my future rifle finishiing I'll be sure to use him again. I am extremely pleased with the results.

As far as inventory goes in his shop, there's some milsurp stuff there. Some m44 rifles (one is painted or something, the other is in a little better shape but still kind of rough) a few lee enfields, and a few 1903's. There are some more modern hunting rifles, but his inventory is a bit average. He does have a bunch of cleaning supplies, ammo, and accessories, and yes, he is running a sale right now (there's a sign out on the road for it).

how big are the sales on the hunting rifles and the side by side shotguns. also why is haveing such a big sale. thanks.

I was there today. It is 50% off ammo and accessories and 30% off all non-consigned long guns. Most guns that are left are consigned. And only about 1/2 dozen handguns there. While I was there someone picked up a pretty nice 336 Marlin in .35 Remington for about $235. I bought 15 boxes of Federal Power-Shok 00 buck at $2.50 per box. And some 16 gauge Federal game loads at $5.00 per box.

Last edited:
I was there today. It is 50% off ammo and accessories and 30% off all non-consigned long guns. Most guns that are left are consigned. And only about 1/2 dozen handguns there. While I was there someone picked up a pretty nice 336 Marlin in .35 Remington for about $235. I bought 15 boxes of Federal Power-Shok 00 buck at $2.50 per box. And some 16 gauge Federal game loads at $5.00 per box.

I think we were in the shop at the same time. I was checking out when someone was bringing a large box of 16ga ammo on the counter.

i know i always ask this but. Does he still have alot of guns there. I dident know if he ran out after the sale. I wanted to head there tomorrow

Anyone know if he's still open? It seems doubtful but I live close by and didn't even realize he was there. Side note, I'm pretty sure I dated his daughter in high school... [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom