• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Striper season coming soon, who's ready?

Well my dad finally had no charters for a change and we went out early this morning. Loaded up on a ton of macs then trolled along the shore and casted some macs into the rocks and I managed to pull this 39" bass out. Didn't weigh it but I'd guess ~20lbs. I thought it was a schoolie until he got close to the boat and started tearing line out.

I haven't caught a keeper in a few years since my dad never has a day off. Glad I managed to get out.
Don't mind my goofy face, my dad took the pic with me getting blinded by the sun lol.
View attachment 142278

QUOTE=andrew1220;4577565]Well my dad finally had no charters for a change and we went out early this morning. Loaded up on a ton of macs then trolled along the shore and casted some macs into the rocks and I managed to pull this 39" bass out. Didn't weigh it but I'd guess ~20lbs. I thought it was a schoolie until he got close to the boat and started tearing line out.

Nice fish!Had a good weekend live lineing macs with a mix of small to medium keepers.Nothing big,the larger fish were in the 36 to 38 inch range.Lobstering was pretty good.also!

check out the price on striper 6.50 a pound!!! wow almost worth fishing comercial

That's all? I could have sworn it was way more than that last year. I have never bought Striper from anywhere though. I guess it's a pride thing when I will only eat it if I or a friend catches a keeper.

Where did you see that? Last I heard it was down to 2.50 per pound , the cape run tanked the market.

NOAA follows fish market's and some prices can be found there. The July 17th New Englans Display Auction shows $6.45 to $6.90 per lb. Today is a commercial day and you should get the updated price by mid week.The New England Fish Exchange Auction had o landings today!

No kidding, is it that cheap near the Cape?

That was price given to the fishermen at wholesale.I have no idea what stores/markets are charging for filets now. The big school that was out at race had alot of fish that "flooded the market", if you haven't seen the videos of 300-400 boats out there jockeying for position in the rip they are comical. Now that school is gone/moved out so we'll see what happens to the price now.

- - - Updated - - -

I might be going out in my cousin's boat to Bass River this weekend. Do you guys have any tips for fishing that area?
I haven't fished there at all sorry.

I might be going out in my cousin's boat to Bass River this weekend. Do you guys have any tips for fishing that area?

Just got back from fishing outside the river.It was a strong NW wind and couldn't fish the bay side today.Caught a few keeper Fluke on squid bait while drifting by the Bass River bouy.There were some Scup and Black Sea Bass mixed in. When the wind dies down I will go back to fishing bass!

Just got back from fishing outside the river.It was a strong NW wind and couldn't fish the bay side today.Caught a few keeper Fluke on squid bait while drifting by the Bass River bouy.There were some Scup and Black Sea Bass mixed in. When the wind dies down I will go back to fishing bass!

I have heard some people head over to Monomoy Point, is that worth it?

Another nice commercial day today. Bluefish KILLED us though all day long. Yellow eyed demons. Few went on the smoker, rest that we landed went to market.

I have heard some people head over to Monomoy Point, is that worth it?

The cooler waters of the Monomy rips are a good place for Bass,now that the sound has warmed.I have not fished there yet this year.
The North edge of Billingsgate was loaded with bait and bass on the weekend and great fishing.Today,we did not see a fish caught and the bait and birds were not there.

The cooler waters of the Monomy rips are a good place for Bass,now that the sound has warmed.I have not fished there yet this year.
The North edge of Billingsgate was loaded with bait and bass on the weekend and great fishing.Today,we did not see a fish caught and the bait and birds were not there.

We had a really quiet day too. No birds nothing. Decided to just go swimming off Oak Bluffs.

Finally got a chance to get out last night and had a stellar night...First one is my son, all of us on the boat were catching but he had a run of tough luck. He dropped two and had two freak break offs , needless to say he was a bit discouraged watching all of us catch, and even more so by watching me have the "hot hand" on the boat because he always wants to outfish me. Well on the last drift of the night I hear the words I'd been waiting for all night..."I'm on!! Holy Shit it feels big". And it sure was at 46 pounds ! This kid fishes hard, and it pays off.
P7291747.JPG

And this is one of mine , no weight on it but it's the biggest fish I've caught so far. For scale I'm 6'2"..she's the fat girl I've been waiting to slurp my eel..Now to find her bigger sister!!
P7291738.JPG

Finally got a chance to get out last night and had a stellar night...First one is my son, all of us on the boat were catching but he had a run of tough luck. He dropped two and had two freak break offs , needless to say he was a bit discouraged watching all of us catch, and even more so by watching me have the "hot hand" on the boat because he always wants to outfish me. Well on the last drift of the night I hear the words I'd been waiting for all night..."I'm on!! Holy Shit it feels big". And it sure was at 46 pounds ! This kid fishes hard, and it pays off.
View attachment 142960

And this is one of mine , no weight on it but it's the biggest fish I've caught so far. For scale I'm 6'2"..she's the fat girl I've been waiting to slurp my eel..Now to find her bigger sister!!
View attachment 142961

Holy s*** Man you guys are kicking ass with these monster bass. Very impressive. That fish you caught looks like it must be 50+ inches long!

Back
Top Bottom