• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Same here, he’s normally the first with big news.

Guns and Gadgets, 4 boxes diner, Langley outdoor academy, armed scholar and Cam and Co are still my go to.

Heck I've even been enjoying some of the liberal channels primarily because some people on the left can see how our political class are degenerate scumbags and they don't like it either.

Biden Admin CITING historical religious persecution and racism to JUSTIFY Gun Control

View attachment 648682

View: https://youtu.be/kwadzeQDLSU

I like Braden's channel, but I think sometimes he has to post stuff to keep up his pace. I mean, this is a stupid argument but not sure it was worthy of a video. Same with his ghost gun one last night. It was a bit confusing. And it didn't address P80's at all, which come with a jig and drill bits. LOL

Even Kagan pointed out during the oral arguments that we don't require licenses for other Constitutional rights. At the end of the day, though, she voted her party line and I think shooting down licenses altogether would have been a bridge too far for Roberts and probably Kavanaugh.

It could end up that a future district/appeals court rules it, it gets kicked to the Supremes and they refuse to hear it, letting ConCarry stand.

I like Braden's channel, but I think sometimes he has to post stuff to keep up his pace. I mean, this is a stupid argument but not sure it was worthy of a video. Same with his ghost gun one last night. It was a bit confusing. And it didn't address P80's at all, which come with a jig and drill bits. LOL

It could end up that a future district/appeals court rules it, it gets kicked to the Supremes and they refuse to hear it, letting ConCarry stand.

It's in the actual court record though. It was really said in court. The DOJ was asking for an injunction but only if an 80% came with the jig and drills. In other words they didn't want to stop people from owning 80% lowers, just complete kits and the instructions regarding how to complete it. The judge then asked why the DOJ was seeking an injunction if people could still buy 80% lowers?

California passes law making it nearly impossible to carry (worse than NY) post Bruen:

View: https://youtu.be/mjB3_b8fo6w

Cool, pass it so this can go back to SCOTUS to be slapped down creating even more specific precedent to be cited in suits in other states. Thanks for taking one for the team Californians.

Come on New York tyrants you aren't going to let California out tyranny you are you? Time to up your unconstitutional and ultimately quashable legislative game.

🐯

Cool, pass it so this can go back to SCOTUS to be slapped down creating even more specific precedent to be cited in suits in other states. Thanks for taking one for the team Californians.

Come on New York tyrants you aren't going to let California out tyranny you are you? Time to up your unconstitutional and ultimately quashable legislative game.

🐯

Yeah but they won't give up. 'Okay you can carry' but then they go after licensing again. Now they need your social media, 10 years of tax return, a credit check, a home inspection, a medical checkup, 20 hours of mental health therapy, etc etc etc. Unless SCOTUS takes a very strong stance it's just going to be never ending.

You see this already. They are referencing racism from the 18th century (denying slaves the right to possess weapons) as justification. See it's history and tradition. Black people do not have the right to keep and bear arms. We are operating on insane times. The left will keep racism alive and then blame everyone else when it fails and they won't say we tried to bring back racism, it will be everyone else's fault for being racist. The left's racism has be kept in the spotlight and the light shining on it 24/7 until people finally go "oh yeah I get it".

This is going to be a long term war between the hardline blue states and the Supreme Court. Which I think is good. It had to start somewhere and they (the Dems) weren't just going to capitulate on their own.

Yeah but they won't give up. 'Okay you can carry' but then they go after licensing again. Now they need your social media, 10 years of tax return, a credit check, a home inspection, a medical checkup, 20 hours of mental health therapy, etc etc etc. Unless SCOTUS takes a very strong stance it's just going to be never ending.

You see this already. They are referencing racism from the 18th century (denying slaves the right to possess weapons) as justification. See it's history and tradition. Black people do not have the right to keep and bear arms. We are operating on insane times. The left will keep racism alive and then blame everyone else when it fails and they won't say we tried to bring back racism, it will be everyone else's fault for being racist. The left's racism has be kept in the spotlight and the light shining on it 24/7 until people finally go "oh yeah I get it".
OOPS, THEY fail to mention the first gun control laws were passed/issued by Southern Dem States to prevent Negroes from possessing firearms to defend themselves from the Klan and night riders.

This is going to be a long term war between the hardline blue states and the Supreme Court. Which I think is good. It had to start somewhere and they (the Dems) weren't just going to capitulate on their own.
If the Donks ramp up the cheaty-machine and win in November - as I suspect they will - they WILL pack the court.

Then it's ALL ABOARD THE CIVIL WAR EXPRESS!

Holy crap, that video should have been 2 minutes, not nine. It really needs a “tl;dw”

I think 99% of them could be 2 minutes. But you need to make it at least 6 and preferably 13 or so to get monetized correctly. The longer your video, the more $ you can make.

As an aside, it seems like from my observations on various different YT channels that all-in, you earn about 50c per subscriber per year, gross profit. So take that for what you will.

OOPS, THEY fail to mention the first gun control laws were passed/issued by Southern Dem States to prevent Negroes from possessing firearms to defend themselves from the Klan and night riders.

This guy?
hqdefault.jpg

Remember him when you look at the night sky.
maxresdefault.jpg

If the Donks ramp up the cheaty-machine and win in November - as I suspect they will - they WILL pack the court.

Then it's ALL ABOARD THE CIVIL WAR EXPRESS!

Court packing is just blustery talk from the left. They're salty from losing the abortion debate and even saltier because most Americans don't even care. I keep hearing the same idiocy over and over, the courts are political, repeal the electoral college, etc etc. Whoever's ox is gored is why it's needed.

Court packing is just blustery talk from the left. They're salty from losing the abortion debate and even saltier because most Americans don't even care. I keep hearing the same idiocy over and over, the courts are political, repeal the electoral college, etc etc. Whoever's ox is gored is why it's needed.
We'll see. If they have a permanent lock on elections by way of the cheaty-machine, there's nothing to prevent them from expanding the Court, thereby guaranteeing they won't see that lock challenged. Then they can do... whatever they want.

The calculated risk: civil war.

We'll see. If they have a permanent lock on elections by way of the cheaty-machine, there's nothing to prevent them from expanding the Court, thereby guaranteeing they won't see that lock challenged. Then they can do... whatever they want.

The calculated risk: civil war.

But what will court packing accomplish right now? Are we expecting left wing activists to over throw Bruen, reinstate Roe out of thin air? It will take years and years for that to ever happen. Those decisions are going to be cemented into our countries legal system for many decades. Look at this way it's taken 150 years to wipe out bad legal precedent that is remnant of the civil war. We'll all be pushing up daisies before a case that challenges Bruen or Roe ever emerges again. Court packing accomplishes nothing and would only benefit cases involving big business maybe weakening intellectual property protections, etc. At best a court packed with left wing activists would temporarily stop lawsuits but not forever. If a court overthrows existing legal precedent then when the left loses power the same thing will happen to them. It's stupidity.

But what will court packing accomplish right now? Are we expecting left wing activists to over throw Bruen, reinstate Roe out of thin air? It will take years and years for that to ever happen. Those decisions are going to be cemented into our countries legal system for many decades.
How?

If they cheat in November sufficiently not to lose the Congress, that implies free and fair elections ARE DONE. Kaput. The ONLY thing - other than civil war - to stop them would be the courts... and if the Nine Berobed become Thirteen (or whatever), they can choose from the plethora of cases burbling up through the appellate system right now whatever they want to "correct."

How?

If they cheat in November sufficiently not to lose the Congress, that implies free and fair elections ARE DONE. Kaput. The ONLY thing - other than civil war - to stop them would be the courts... and if the Nine Berobed become Thirteen (or whatever), they can choose from the plethora of cases burbling up through the appellate system right now whatever they want to "correct."

Right that's fair, but.....It's not like a brand new scotus is going to get sworn in and then all of a sudden say....hey you know that Dodd decision, let's overturn that. That heller, mcdonald, bruen decision let's just overturn it from the bench without having a case. Like it or not the libtards have to accept a new paradigm exists right now. If they toss out stare decisis to win some points with activists they understand what the government giveth the government can taketh away just as easily. They can thumb their noses but they cannot escape from legal reality. Suppose they did it and Trump gets elected in '24 and goes to a new republican congress and says expand the court by 9 more justices and they do it. Is this the new paradigm? Keep expanding scotus ad nauseum until we're all justices? Filibuster, scotus, reconciliation is just all talk. Just like a balanced budget amendment, it's all talk. The democrats witnessed the effect of what the Reid rule did when it was passed. Trump got in and nominated 400 judges to the bench thereby remaking the courts to lean more right. At the end of his term he remade the entire judiciary.

Just step away from it all and look at the tribalism. I don't want to be a tribalist.

The left is very adept at lawfare. They use "friendly suits" to advance their agenda through friendly courts. Anyone think that a packed SCOTUS wouldn't take a case from the 9th Circuit that overturns Bruen?

The left is very adept at lawfare. They use "friendly suits" to advance their agenda through friendly courts. Anyone think that a packed SCOTUS wouldn't take a case from the 9th Circuit that overturns Bruen?

Right but a lower court cannot simply say 'we reject the supreme court and choose to ignore precedent of the court'. That would be extremely dangerous as a tactic because it can also be applied in the other direction. Once the liberal court is in power, a red area circuit court (4th circuit for example) can simply do the same thing and thumb their nose at a liberal scotus for the same reason. We aren't going to have a cohesive society if courts ignore each other up and down the chain. Long settled precedents tossed out the window and now society no longer know what's legal or not. Might as well be the purge by then.

Also for the record the right and big business are also very adept at finding 'friendly' courts to file legislation. It's the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom