Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Not In Stock
Yeah, it went fast but was in when I posted it.

I've shot the Herter's .410 Slugs and 000-Buck from an H&R Survivor and might be a good option in the short term for your Governor. They come in 2 1/2 and 3 inch.
Bass Pro and Cabela's usually as 25-round boxes at decent prices...

I hate it compared to the CCI SV...

The Aquilas runs real dirty, a lot of grease or wax from what I remember, my guns junked up real bad with that Aquilas stuff...
If you get a chance, try the Aguila that TSports has been shipping. It is much different than the stuff from just a year or two ago. No waxy coating, very clean and shiny brass and no stink when fired... It's like night & day different.

Last edited:
Not in my Com-bloc rifles. I believe they are built for the steel cased x39 and will eat the lacquer or poly without a care.
From what I've heard, the AR's with 7.62x39 uppers can have issues with coatings, but others don't. If you are going with an AK clone, SKS or something along those lines you
will be able to shoot the lac or poly without any issues.

You did mention that you are partial to brass cased and I've found both the Igman and S&B brass lines are very nice, clean and accurate, with the Igman being my favorite of the two.

View attachment 594541View attachment 594542

That igman is made in Bosnia at the igman plant, which was a major supplier for JNA (Yugoslavian army) so that is basically like new production m67, which is supposedly really accurate.

That igman is made in Bosnia at the igman plant, which was a major supplier for JNA (Yugoslavian army) so that is basically like new production m67, which is supposedly really accurate.
It is nice ammo and TSports gets it fairly regularly. Not too pricey for reloadable boxer primed brass either.

I've found their .223 very good also...

1648187597746.png 1648187609019.png

It is nice ammo and TSports gets it fairly regularly. Not too pricey for reloadable boxer primed brass either.

I've found their .223 very good also...

View attachment 594543View attachment 594544
I've got nothing I'd run brass 7.62x39 in, but I've seen it for sale. Thanks for the info on the 223. I saw it on some sites but it wasn't a good enough of a deal to snag.

I've got nothing I'd run brass 7.62x39 in, but I've seen it for sale. Thanks for the info on the 223. I saw it on some sites but it wasn't a good enough of a deal to snag.
I bought the Igman x39 and reloading dies for the "future"
The .223 I bought at .46 cents per round in January (which was a good price at the time) and shoots better groups than the Winchester .223 which is about .83 cents per.

I found the Igman 223 to be a little lightly loaded. I had to open up my AGB by 2 clicks to get it to reliably get LRBHO. Accuracy was great at 100 yards.

This is the same as when I shoot any of the Russian steel cased stuff. That's a combo of the case not expanding as well as well as the light loading.

I found the Igman 223 to be a little lightly loaded. I had to open up my AGB by 2 clicks to get it to reliably get LRBHO. Accuracy was great at 100 yards.

This is the same as when I shoot any of the Russian steel cased stuff. That's a combo of the case not expanding as well as well as the light loading.
It's not as hot as a good 5.56 Nato round but cycles all my rifles. Igman does make a 5.56 but I've not seen any show up at TSUSA.

Just ordered a few boxes to try this stuff out. Been waiting for the 124gr to come around again. If it works out good, I'll grab a case of it next time.
You weren't alone. It didn't last long. There were 100 or more cases 4 hours ago...

I like Belom.

I'll have to check my notes but off the top of my head a stock g4 glock 17. G5,19 and M&P2.0 9c. All stock except for the M&P. They would usually go off with a second strike. But I had a few duds that just simply wouldn't go off.

I'll have to check my notes but off the top of my head a stock g4 glock 17. G5,19 and M&P2.0 9c. All stock except for the M&P. They would usually go off with a second strike. But I had a few duds that just simply wouldn't go off.
I've been shooting it through a stock Gen5 G19, an M&P Shield9 and a S&W SW9VE. Ran fine, clean and accurate enough for the range. Was this a recent purchase, or some time ago?
The Belom I am shooting came from a case I bought in late 2021.

End of May 2021. I bought half a case.
Close enough to mine. Odd.
This is one of the reasons I buy all kinds of ammo and test it though my guns. Weeds out the issues...

I also like to buy a full case AND a few boxes of the same ammo. I almost always get the same lot number between the two and I can shoot the loosies before opening the full case in chronological order of purchase...

Whatever happened to Sumbro? That was also european made 124gr. I shot a few boxes and sold the rest. Ran fine.
Mine ran fine too. There were complaints about primer strike fails on the original (black box) and not many issues on the white box X-force ammo. I found it a little dirty but usable.
I think I have 4 boxes left. Last TSUSA offering was .53 cents per...

Things have gotten much better...

Just ordered a few boxes to try this stuff out. Been waiting for the 124gr to come around again. If it works out good, I'll grab a case of it next time.

I've shot almost 1000 rds of this stuff. Not bad at all especially for the price (relatively speaking). Made in Serbia, sealed primers, really nice looking shiny brass and bullet. Burns kind of dirty compared to some other 9mms.

I had 1 or 2 duds - primer strike but did not go off. Smells a little weird too. Good packaging though.

Last edited:
Not TSUSA, but I just got back from cabelas in Indy and they had quite a bit of various ammo (.308/7.62x51, .223, 6.5cm and Grendel, .270, 300blk, 12g slugs and buck shot, .380, 9mm, .40, .45 and even scored 1000LPM CCI’s for my 10mm reloads.)

Might be worth checking out bass pro or cabelas in the morning if you’re near one…the one in Indy basically NEVER has ammo (even pre-COVID) because almost everyone around here shoots. There’s a really good chance the MA stores are probably going to be pretty well stocked this weekend.

Another very good range ammo is the Zinc plated steel ZQI 9mm in 124 gn. Very consistant and a pleasure to shoot...

Zero Fails.

They have a 124gn 9mm NATO I would like to try when it comes back into stock...

1648264296820.png 1648264318562.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom