• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Don't get me wrong, steel is fine in my AK. It is, however, less than ideal in my AR's. Perhaps the tolerances of my AR's are too tight and I should buy a shitty Anderson or something like the poors to shoot steel 223. :)
My poverty pony lower and bear creek arsenal SBR upper run Tula and silver bear 223 just fine🤣
I use brass ammo for my other AR that’s got a LMT bolt and FN barrel.

Speaking of steel case.
.37 per. Prices keep dropping
I have to admit, I really didn't think the prices would be dropping as much as they have and as fast as they have.
Of course the Chipman vote next week might drive another frenzy?..

I have to admit, I really didn't think the prices would be dropping as much as they have and as fast as they have.
Of course the Chipman vote next week might drive another frenzy?..
Panic works both ways, prices increase buyers panic driving prices up. Prices go down sellers panic and drive prices down more. I think we entered the steady decline stage, buyers willing to wait and sellers eager to sell while prices are still relatively high.

I don't know how you guys keep from getting dizzy chasing ammo, but here's one more. 7.5x55mm in stock for a few minutes, perhaps.

Demand shouldn't be that great, as nobody seems to be shooting these days.

I don't know how you guys keep from getting dizzy chasing ammo, but here's one more. 7.5x55mm in stock for a few minutes, perhaps.

I was just shootin today 😉

Any defensive 380? Or just ball?
Good sign either way and even with tax you’re looking at .53cpr
I only saw ball but they had the ammo aisle roped off and you had to ask the guy to get you the ammo. Said they just dropped 30k rounds of ammo and that last time they did that people were pushing and shoving and taking more than the limit. They had .223 for .69 cpr, they had some .300BLK for around a buck a round I think. They had some carry 9mm but don’t check the price. Saw the .380 on the end of the aisle & took the pic.

If you want some of the .380 I can dump some loose in trunk @ Target 😂😂😂

I only saw ball but they had the ammo aisle roped off and you had to ask the guy to get you the ammo. Said they just dropped 30k rounds of ammo and that last time they did that people were pushing and shoving and taking more than the limit. They had .223 for .69 cpr, they had some .300BLK for around a buck a round I think. They had some carry 9mm but don’t check the price. Saw the .380 on the end of the aisle & took the pic.

Wish I could laugh at, and love this.

Utter stupidity when I can just sit on my couch and click. Pushing and shoving is worth 69 cpr still huh?

Damn. Approaching $1.40 per round with tax. Grateful I save almost a dollar per round reloading that caliber 😂

Funny, I stocked up on 95gr, 100gr FMJ and other bullets, have plenty of .380 brass, but SP primers are the only stumbling block for rolling cheap .380 Auto ammo. Good thing my wife shoots very little with her .380 EZ, I guess.

Damn. Approaching $1.40 per round with tax. Grateful I save almost a dollar per round reloading that caliber 😂
Yes, in a pinch you can always resort to recycled sabots and .22 LR cases filled with lead for the K31...

...I've only shot these out to 100 meters, but they are stable out to that range, at least.

Edit: Actually, just back from the farm where I can stretch it out to 150 meters. My shot/wax version of this SWC is stable on the paper, but I was high on a few of them. The ones that printed punched clean holes just like any other SWC would; no sign of tumbling (7.65 Argentine, this round).

Attachments

• CrispHoles2.jpg
    CrispHoles2.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 120grshot7.65.jpg
    120grshot7.65.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
What 'quality' is that CMP stuff? Low end, match, or somewhere in between? I've been hit and miss on this thread, thankfully I have a good supply and not time to shoot it.

What 'quality' is that CMP stuff? Low end, match, or somewhere in between? I've been hit and miss on this thread, thankfully I have a good supply and not time to shoot it.
I hav tons but I’ve only shot the .380 so far. That was hot and accurate stuff with clean burning powder. From what they use as their components I would say its match grade stuff. Hornady, Sierra, and Nosler bullets. I’m not a reloader but they use name brand US powder.

Back
Top Bottom