• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton PD stepping up

pastera

NES Member
30 days from interview and three, yes 3, LTCs show up in the mail today
baby-yoda.gif
Wife's was a renewal and both kid's were upgrading from FID
Less than a week from dropping off the applications to the interview - I don't count that time because payment was by check.

Son wants to celebrate by buying something for himself.

Daughter will probably just go shopping in Daddy's safe 🥺
Problem is her picking something momma doesn't know about

It's the time of year. Jan-about August, you are good. Right around Sept-Jan - you're F'd. My birthday is in January. I believe the earlier I go, the later it is. Like past-expiration late. Last 2 times I applied in plenty of time and got held up (by the state - Taunton is pretty helpful) past the expiration. Seems once they get past my birthday - Jan 10, the systems free up. Basically, it's one more way this town F's me. LOL

It's the time of year. Jan-about August, you are good. Right around Sept-Jan - you're F'd. My birthday is in January. I believe the earlier I go, the later it is. Like past-expiration late. Last 2 times I applied in plenty of time and got held up (by the state - Taunton is pretty helpful) past the expiration. Seems once they get past my birthday - Jan 10, the systems free up. Basically, it's one more way this town F's me. LOL
I think your right. My renewal in Lakeville was dropped off the last week of November. I received the new on 1/31.

Not the cul de sac to screw around in, that's for certain.
Swamps, shovels and shut-mouths galore around here.
Standard answer - sorry, didn't hear a thing.
I hunted the Hockomock Swamp. Spooky place. 870 12 gauge firmly in hand and a razor sharp Cold Steel knife on my belt.

I hunted the Hockomock Swamp. Spooky place. 870 12 gauge firmly in hand and a razor sharp Cold Steel knife on my belt.
And you survived? 12 gage or cold steel has no effect on the swamp creatures…. But they are amazing

Believe me about the amazing part —-
A friend wanted to borrow my car so he lent me his bike.
I tried to drive a friends bike at 1:30 AM thru the swamp along 138 and the bike just stopped Running.
It was about 1/2 way between the dog track and Rt 106.
No one was around and it was before cell phones.

A presence engulfed me and my mind went blank for a few minutes - could have been an hour but no one was counting.
When I woke up my belt and favorite knife was missing but I knew I had obtained special powers.
The bike started, and I was able to drive to Taunton Green.

The next night I got laid for the first time —-
after that I borrowed the bike as often as I could and drove 138 thru the swamp each time so I could re-energize my super powers.

It worked,

My wife asked me one time if I ever got nervous being out in the woods alone before sunrise, but understood when I told her it really didn't bother me as I was typically holding a loaded rifle or shotgun at those times.

I tried to drive a friends bike at 1:30 AM thru the swamp along 138 and the bike just stopped Running.
A presence engulfed me and my mind went blank for a few minutes - could have been an hour but no one was counting.
When I woke up my belt and favorite knife kidney was missing ...
FTFY.

You don’t happen to live near the old Donut & Deli Barn, do you????

Grew up down the street..Hodges Street. Wagon Wheel farms area. Well you would have to have been around here about 25-30 yrs ago to know that place.
The Pits behind white pine drive was part of it.

You mean the shit D&D place now.
Yes. World's worst Dunkin Donuts. Funny is when they get backed up on a weekday AM and the cars are OUT ONTO 140 shutting down traffic in BOTH directions. Dudes and dudettes - there are 58 other Dunkin Donuts to get your coffee at between here and where you are going. Skip it. LOL

By Burt and Glebe
Segregansett river starts in my backyard
Almost in Rehoboth

Ah. I'm always trying to find out which of you miscreants are shooting in the pits behind my house. LOL. It ain't you. But the western-Taunton contingent is DEEP on NES. I'm always surprised at that. I think it's because we ALL live in DA/DT neighborhoods. ROFL!!!!

Yes. World's worst Dunkin Donuts. Funny is when they get backed up on a weekday AM and the cars are OUT ONTO 140 shutting down traffic in BOTH directions. Dudes and dudettes - there are 58 other Dunkin Donuts to get your coffee at between here and where you are going. Skip it. LOL

Ah. I'm always trying to find out which of you miscreants are shooting in the pits behind my house. LOL. It ain't you. But the western-Taunton contingent is DEEP on NES. I'm always surprised at that. I think it's because we ALL live in DA/DT neighborhoods. ROFL!!!!
I am always back there. I know those woods like the back of my hand. Camped out there when I was kid endless times.
I go way to the back where all the sand and horse shoe hills are. If you see junk cars in there it wasn't us as kids. ;) My mother still lives in the same house over 45 yrs now end of Round st. Don't mess with her she is 76 and armed ..[mg]

I rode my dirt bike through Segregansett country club's golf course. once. [rofl] Then I got a summer job there.
A friend and former colleague once spoke of some yout
who tooled around some course on the club's Bobcat one drunken night.
Zero reason to think it was that club. Jus' sayin'.

Uh, Double-Action/Double-Trouble?
(I keed, I keed).

30 days from interview and three, yes 3, LTCs show up in the mail today
View attachment 572384
Wife's was a renewal and both kid's were upgrading from FID
Less than a week from dropping off the applications to the interview - I don't count that time because payment was by check.

Son wants to celebrate by buying something for himself.

Daughter will probably just go shopping in Daddy's safe 🥺
Problem is her picking something momma doesn't know about
That is nice and sad. Sad that we celebrate we get a license within 30 days. :(

Cops make $350K, it was time they started doing their jobs. (Sarc).

Last edited:
I hit 46 days from TPD in 2020, but it was all on the state. Even the hotline admitted they were jerking chains at that point. Turn around from Boston mailing to the department to me was 4 days.

I think they run a tight ship since the department doesn't want another law suit like ten or fifteen years ago.

Back
Top Bottom