Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Primary range [13 bays, right turn from the entrance] uses cardboard backers as a standoff. Short version, the E-board was tired of re-welding target carriers which had been literally shot to pieces. Each round impacting a carrier also created spall.

It isn't difficult to detach the cardboard backers from the two clips mounted to each carrier, and flip it. Please re-mount the 'no targets below this line' sign' if you do this.

The cardboard backers are replaced regularly. The range currently gets heavy use through the weekend.

Primary range [13 bays, right turn from the entrance] uses cardboard backers as a standoff. Short version, the E-board was tired of re-welding target carriers which had been literally shot to pieces. Each round impacting a carrier also created spall.

It isn't difficult to detach the cardboard backers from the two clips mounted to each carrier, and flip it. Please re-mount the 'no targets below this line' sign' if you do this.

The cardboard backers are replaced regularly. The range currently gets heavy use through the weekend.

Roger that. Didn't think to flip it over.

Thanks

let's try this again -

There will be a work party at the outdoor range on Saturday, April 8, starting at 9 AM.

The spring cleaning is an opportunity to remove debris which have accumulated over the past several months.

If at all possible, please show up and support your club.

Good morning all.

At Sunday's meeting, range access times were changed. Now, your cards will unlock the gate at 9AM Monday - Saturday, and at 10AM on Sunday.
Previously cards would unlock the gate up to 59 minutes early. This has been changed due to people shooting early.

I will edit this in an hour to show the obvious, black and orange sign stating range hours.

Hope to see you all on Saturday.

IMG_20170330_112356.jpg

Last edited:
I just sent my application and the waiting time is 4 months to have my application reviewed and voted on. I never thought it would be that long. Application was sent mid April. I wish I had know how long the wait was. Maybe the website can reflect that current applicants have a 4 month waiting period?

I just sent my application and the waiting time is 4 months to have my application reviewed and voted on. I never thought it would be that long. Application was sent mid April. I wish I had know how long the wait was. Maybe the website can reflect that current applicants have a 4 month waiting period?

In the future, they usually post the next voting session on the front door at the indoor range.

The wasps at the 300 yard range have been removed.

Summer steel plate shoots will resume Sunday, May 21.

Eye & ear protection required for all in match area
NO LOADED FIREARMS until on the line
Range officer will give range commands and be the judge of the match
This will be exclusively 'shooter vs. shooter' - no brackets. This enables everyone to shoot more.
$1 entry fee

Course of fire: Shooter will load 6 rounds on command and reload as necessary
After the command of “shooters ready” a horn will sound
From low ready engage all plates - STOP plate must be shot last
Reloads are permitted but no more than 6 rounds in a gun at any time
On range officer’s command, shooters will show clear

Qualifications: Centerfire handguns only - any safe handgun allowed
Any safe ammo allowed - any sights allowed - holsters allowed, not required
Shooters on relay are encouraged to help relay run quickly by picking brass, etc
All piano tuners will have 6 plates
NO NEW YORK RELOADS ALLOWED

https://goo.gl/photos/oSJGN6aXYTqtkcK27

Last edited:
Quick reminder - this Thursday, 15th, there will be an indoor bowling pin shoot starting at 6 PM. Show up, shoot at 20 pins for $1, have fun and develop your skills.

This Sunday, the 18th [Father's Day] we will have another steel plate shoot on the narrow 100 yard bay, at the outdoor range. Rules as previously posted. Setup at 9, first shots at 10.

Things here seem a bit dead - I sincerely hope that is because everyone is thrilled with the club.

Steel plate shoot this Sunday. Setup at 9, first shots at 10. If you're new, please don't be intimidated. It is fun.

Indoor pin shoot NEXT Thursday. Notionally for .22LR, in practice any indoor range legal cartridges / platform are permitted.

FYI:
Charcoal Challenge
Date: Sunday July, 30th @ 10:00am
Cost: $5.00
Rimfire Course of Fire: 3 Relays of 5 charcoal briquettes, 10 rounds max per relay. 1st relay 10 minutes, 2nd relay 5 minutes, 3rd relay 2 minutes
Classes: Open and Sporter
Sporter: Standard weight barrel, no optic capable over 9X
Open: Heavy Bull Barrel, 10x or higher capable scope
Centerfire Course of Fire: Same as Rimfire, but without the classes.
Rules: Bench Rest Shooting only, Bipods, Sand bags, no one piece rests. Chamber flags a must. Ear and eye protection mandatory.

FYI: Fall Trap League sign ups are going on. $25 entry fee, covers awards and cookout at the end, you still have to pay $3.00 for your round. The league runs for 10 weeks assuming 2 rounds per week, you can shoot more than 2 if your going to miss a week or need to catch up etc. 5 person teams based on ability, all teams have a #1-#5 shooter to keep things fair (Last time the lowest score you get was 17, not sure this time). I did this league with the wife with both of us being new to trap, it was a lot of fun with a great group of people; you will learn a lot and get better in a hurry if your a new shooter. Come on out Sunday and sign up, the sheet is inside the outdoor trap house.

Also, Aug. 22 at 7:30 there is a center-fire match inside. Any center-fire handgun. 10 rounds in 30 seconds with mandatory reload. 2 stages, 25 and 50 feet at silhouette targets, iron sights only. $3.00 entry fee, $1 to club, $2 to winner.

There are flyers posted inside for both of these events. Hope to see some of you.

Steel plate match tomorrow on the narrow 100 yard range - setup at 9, first shots at 10. Show up and have fun.

Eye & ear protection required for all in match area
NO LOADED FIREARMS until on the line
Range officer will give range commands and be the judge of the match
This will be exclusively 'shooter vs. shooter' - no brackets. This enables everyone to shoot more.
$1 entry fee

Course of fire: Shooter will load 6 rounds on command and reload as necessary
After the command of “shooters ready” a horn will sound
From low ready engage all plates - STOP plate must be shot last
Reloads are permitted but no more than 6 rounds in a gun at any time
On range officer’s command, shooters will show clear

Qualifications: Centerfire handguns only - any safe handgun allowed
Any safe ammo allowed - any sights allowed - holsters allowed, not required
Shooters on relay are encouraged to help relay run quickly by picking brass, etc
All piano tuners will have 6 plates
NO NEW YORK RELOADS ALLOWED

https://goo.gl/photos/oSJGN6aXYTqtkcK27

Any / all shooters with a .38 Super, comped race gun will face a rack of 9 plates.

There will be a work party at the indoor range Thursday, September 14 starting at 10 AM.

The goal of this effort is to send out annual dues notices and the club news letter.

All media are folded, so this is essentially an effort in stuffing envelopes. If you feel capable of lifting two pieces of paper and putting them into an envelope, and wish to support your club, please help. There are 3,350 pieces of mail to prepare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steel plate match this Sunday. Same rules as posted in this thread. This will be the final TRPC steel plate match of the year. Show up and enjoy.

The annual Leo Dennen Military Rifle match will be held at 11AM on Saturday, November 11. Match rules are posted http://tauntonrifleandpistol.org/ANNUAL LEO DENNEN17.doc

ANNUAL LEO DENNEN
MEMORIAL RIFLE MATCH

This match is dedicated to the memory of Leo Dennen (1927-1998), Club member, range officer, and all around supporter of the Taunton Rifle & Club. Leo shot in every rifle, pistol, military, or black powder match held by this club during his membership. Additionally, Leo attended every work party needed, right up until his death. His presence is missed but surely not forgotten .

WHEN:
Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:00am to 1:00pm Rain or Shine

WHERE:
Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club's outdoor range in Raynham, MA. Entrance off 425 Titicut Road

COURSE OF FIRE:
10 shots total, fired on one target

TARGETS:
This will be a 100 yd. match, using 100 yd military bulls' eye targets with approx. 6" black
centers

EQUIPMENT:
Any USA or foreign military rifle with original barrel and stock, with issue type iron sights.
Also, commercial military sporter rifles, like AR-15, AK-47, Mini-14, SKS, HK-91, 93, FAL, CETME, etc., may be used.
NO target or match grade version are allowed.

NOT ALLOWED:
No match, NM, or target grade rifles allowed
No optical sights (scopes, red dot, laser sights, etc)
No spotting scopes or others spotting for you
No slings allowed in use

SAFETY:
All general safety and club rules apply. Eye and ear protection is mandatory. Range safe chamber flags to be used when carrying firearms on or off the shooting line. Yes, they are available from the club if you don't have any. Club range safety officers have control of the ranges at all times.

ENTRY FEE:
$5.00 per rifle. You may only fire one match per rifle. Your highest score fired will count for match score.

PRIZE AWARDS:
The first and second place winners will have their names engraved on the Leo
Dennen Memorial Match plaque in the clubhouse. All range fees will be donated to a local veterans group.

subbed. I what to start getting into long range shooting. The plan is to get a ruger precision rifle in .308, but I keep thinking about 6.5 creedmoor.

I shot my friends RPR in .308 a few weeks ago. Fun knocking 16 oz Aluminum cans down at 300 yds. Having said that. I bought my first non MILSURP centerfire bolt gun recently in 6.5 CM. Either is a great choice IMHO. If they had the Savage I bought in .308 it would have been a tough decision.

Hello. I recently got my LTC class A over the summer. I am a senior at Bridgewater State. I am from Falmouth but there are no gun ranges around there that i can join so i am very interested in joining this range. Its a hike from falmouth but i love shooting so its totally worth it for me. The application requires me to have a sponsor so if anyone would like to sponsor me please let me know. Reply if you would like to know more about me before agreeing. I can see how randomly sponsoring someone you dont know might be weird but im sure we can work around that. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom