• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tavor: who has one or opinion

Take this for what it’s worth from the Shooting Illustrated review of the Tavor 7 (Tavor Review):

Although IWI’s manual clearly states that the rifle is intended for 7.62 NATO ammunition only, a representative of IWI US assured me that it’s OK to fire .308 Win. ammunition.

Brownells also says that "newer rifles with 7.62x51 NATO chambers ARE made to handle .308 Win ammo”, but they also say check with the rifle manufacturer to be sure.

If you have a Tavor x95 and like using a "magwell grip", get one of these foregrips: Fab Defense MG-20.

Feels great, looks cool and stores an extra mag.

See pics; 2nd one not practical but good for laughs (it does work though)

Attachments

• 20220424_101539.jpg
    20220424_101539.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220424_101645.jpg
    20220424_101645.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 53
If you have a Tavor x95 and like using a "magwell grip", get one of these foregrips: Fab Defense MG-20.

Feels great, looks cool and stores an extra mag.

See pics; 2nd one not practical but good for laughs (it does work though)
I probably would have put a sight on it first.

EoTech or Vortex holographic sights make tX95 a superb combo! Additionally, there are only three upgrades X95 needs: Optimus forend, curved buttpad, and a more prominent safety switch. Everything else is secondary.
I haven't done anything crazy with it but I've been happy with the stock forend with an AFG. Never saw the need for the buttpad and that's the first I've ever heard anyone mention the safety!

I've been debating on getting the Manticore buttpad and the Gasket port cover but $125 doesn't seem worth it at the moment.

Since this is a 18.5 in barrel I can actually put on the flat 1/8 butt pad and it's still legit.
The problem is the part has been out of stock from iwi for a long time now. Anyone have a spare that they want to sell?

I haven't done anything crazy with it but I've been happy with the stock forend with an AFG. Never saw the need for the buttpad and that's the first I've ever heard anyone mention the safety!
Also dunno why safety is not ok.

A 3.5lb trigger is a must have upgrade. A #1 one.

Also dunno why safety is not ok.

A 3.5lb trigger is a must have upgrade. A #1 one.
I have the geisselle trigger bow but not the entire pack. I've watched a few videos but I still don't feel comfortable doing it myself.... I gotta make that a priority. Been having too much fun taking the AR out to the 200-400yd range.

I have the geisselle trigger bow but not the entire pack. I've watched a few videos but I still don't feel comfortable doing it myself.... I gotta make that a priority. Been having too much fun taking the AR out to the 200-400yd range.

The Super Sabra Trigger Pack is back in stock on Geissele's website for those looking for what is arguably the top upgrade to their Tavor. The Bow flat trigger has been available right along, but availability on the trigger pack upgrade has been spotty.

Anyone looking to get a Tavor X95, Bereli is having an IWI sale. Up to 25% off of IWI guns. 13% off the Tavor X95, brings the price down to $1,522.49:
Use code IWI at checkout. Free shipping, no MA tax.

i am a lefty and lefty bullpups were non existent until then, bought one when the first came out and still love it. the tavor is the same oal as 10 inch barrel ar15 and no nfa paperwork needed, the only drawback is that is is a little heavy.

No 20” ones.
you do not need a tavor on 20", really, no reason at all - it will not shoot tighter groups than a shorter one. but the shorter one will shoot everything well, and will be lighter.
there is really no need for a longer bullpup than it should be, 16" is good, 18" is ok.

Last edited:
It’s just to get the concussion a little further from my face. The mass muzzle breaks tend to throw it back at you. Not bad in 16” 5.56. But i am not sure 308/7.62 would be nice? Anyone have one i can try at 16”? I have ammo.

It’s just to get the concussion a little further from my face. The mass muzzle breaks tend to throw it back at you. Not bad in 16” 5.56. But i am not sure 308/7.62 would be nice? Anyone have one i can try at 16”? I have ammo.
Also, using a compensator like this one should help if you are concerned.

if you're trying to get the end of the barrel away from you by making it longer to lower the blast I think you're going about it all wrong.

The overall short length of the Tavor is the entire point of that system. And getting it that short via bullpup comes with a lot of downsides. Making it longer for stated reason is now getting the worst of both worlds. You have a rifle with all the bullshit that bullpups are stuck with and now it's not even short anymore.

Just put a better break on it that throws everything forward. Simple as can be.

There are muzzle breaks that redirect the concussion forward. It feels less loud and has absolutely no side gas ejection. Kaw Valley Precision makes really good ones. I've used one and it works like a regular break but no concussion and also feels quieter.

Back
Top Bottom