tax free day

Jason, my brother... pay close attention here:

thpttth.gif

When you and the Misses want to escape MA and ask if you can park an RV on my property while you house hunt, I'll remember that face and humbly accept your RV cluttering my views. [smile]

Brother Doob: You really have to twist the knife don't you? I hadn't even considered that...now with a discount special plus no sales tax...I'm a doomed puppy. [thinking]

Mark L.

Brother Mark,

Uh oh. Ya know I think as someone mentioned they will RAISE their price 5% and pocket that extra, so be careful that you'll spend the same amount, just less goes to the state of MA. Oh wait... darn it... I can't win here.

/Doobie

When you and the Misses want to escape MA and ask if you can park an RV on my property while you house hunt, I'll remember that face and humbly accept your RV cluttering my views. [smile]
I think that my Mrs will be pretty upset if I try to escape MA with the Misses... [laugh]

S&W 625 in .45 ACP.

Ruger Security Six.

The former lets you use ammo you already have (all real Americans have a .45!) with the alacrity of moon clips.

The latter is utterly indestructible and a cinch to maintain. It also, like all .357 wheelguns, permits the use of .38 Special and .357 Magnum ammo, making it far more versatile than the 625.

Spend the 5% you saved on ammo!

Yes, that is the law . . . all gun safes and gun locks are tax-free all the time.

I did run into one Waltham dealer who "practices differently" however (even after being handed the MA DOR TIR). I no longer will do any business with him.

I do wonder if places like Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart are on-board with the law. Never tried buying such things from them, so I don't know. Most, if not all, gun shops should be aware of the law . . . although the state takes NO measures to notify vendors who hold MA Sales Tax Certificates . . . so it always pays to ask before plunking down cash/plastic.

Good luck to you. I doubt that you can find a definition in Black's regarding a "gun safe." You would be ambivalent about some of the safes out there. I do not know think that Walmart sells "gun safes" in any of its stores. I do not think that Home Depot does either. However, Lowes has a "gun safes" that they will order. So they might give it to you.

The same dealer in Waltham would not unlock the door and allow me to browse his store several weeks ago. He just stood behind the counter and looked at me in a funny way...

Good luck to you. I doubt that you can find a definition in Black's regarding a "gun safe." You would be ambivalent about some of the safes out there. I do not know think that Walmart sells "gun safes" in any of its stores. I do not think that Home Depot does either. However, Lowes has a "gun safes" that they will order. So they might give it to you.

The same dealer in Waltham would not unlock the door and allow me to browse his store several weeks ago. He just stood behind the counter and looked at me in a funny way...

Both Home Depot and Lowes in NH have gun safes in stock... Those Sentery(sp?) ones. Usually have 2 or 3... if I were living in MA and in the market for a safe and choose one of them and Home Depot or Lowes had it in stock... I'd load it on a cart and if they tried to charge me tax.... I'd just say, nevermind and leave the safe on the cart in the checkout lane for someone else to remove.

I'm going to pick up a Gamo Big Cat 1200 from Dicks for my dad's place in NC. The squirrels there are waging a jihad on the dinosaur feeders and it's upsetting my mom. The old Powerline 880 isn't cutting it anymore and there's a horse ranch that's a little too close to be missing with a .22

Between the tax free day, and my Dicks coupon I'll get a pretty good deal.

Nothing's wrong with it my friend. I guess it just never got me motivated so I was curious which part (or both) motivated others to purchase on that given day/s.

The part that motivates me is there is no other option to purchase a pistol in MA. It's gotta be in state...so why not save a few bucks while doing so. I'm also limited to a few dealers with the gun I'd like to purchase so comparision shopping is not really an option. I know the gun won't be marked up the extra 5, because I already got a price for it long before tax free day.

Now if I was going to buy a long gun, not such an issue, can shop around in state or out of state......

Back
Top Bottom