Tax Free weekend and the short leash

SKS Ray

NES Member
Well its Saturday morning and I can just imagine the crowd at most shops, especially places like Four Seasons and Zero Hour.
I'd love to be at one with credit card in hand but unfortunately I'm on vacation this week and was already scheduled by SWMBO to hit the grocery store and BJs to stock up on food and household crap so any money left over can be used for day trips this upcoming week.
I made mention last night of possibly taking a ride out to one of the gun shops fairly close by and got the look. I suspect its because I just got the new SKS recently.
I feel like a dog jumping at the front door wanting to go piss on the new fire hydrant on the block, but I can't get out. [crying]
Anyone else having the no gun this weekend blues?

I've got bids on a couple items for my Contender and I'm picking up this next Wensday;
mousegun.jpg

More 'en that & I'd be pushin my luck. [rolleyes]

Ah, married life. [smile]

I'm out the door to pick up a new Bushmaster lower to mate up to the orfaned upper that's been sitting at the bottom of the safe.

Alas....I'm married too. Married to the chore of redoing my kitchen & bathroom to shed that 1950s look.
Hopefully, I'll be done by the time snow flies and till then, as much as I'd like to make an addition to my little collection, I guess I'll be choosing paint, tile, light fixtures, cabinets and all those other domestic items (Thank God for my daughter's input) for the forseeable future.
I'll have to settle for keeping my purchases limited to components.
TACJC

Got to Four seasons at 8:00 a.m., their email said opens at 8:30 a.m. So I cooled my heels outside till 8:15 a.m. I saw around 12 to 15 people go inside, hmmm, bet they opened early. I went inside and it was like a happy zoo you'd think Carl was giving stuff away!

Got my Bushmaster .223 and 2 cases of ammo for my .40 & .45 [dance] When I left there were around 7 or 8 people waiting to get in! [shocked]

What I did was give John at FS my credit card info with a list of stuff to get.
He put it aside for me earlier this week and he charged it today tax free.
I'm away in Hotlanta right now.

I used to work at circuit city and im always amazed at the amount of people that used to show up to get things tax free. they never realized that they could get the same thing online any day of the year cheaper if they ordered it online. and i mean with tax and shipping included. i mean you only save 5 percent anyway. thats only 50 when spending 1000 dollars.

I used to work at circuit city and im always amazed at the amount of people that used to show up to get things tax free. they never realized that they could get the same thing online any day of the year cheaper if they ordered it online. and i mean with tax and shipping included. i mean you only save 5 percent anyway. thats only 50 when spending 1000 dollars.

I agree. I don't know why a few bucks here and there would make someone scramble to go shop.

For me, I had just received my LTC so I was going to buy a bunch of stuff anyway. So I figured I'd save about 50 bucks and just pick it up when I got back.

Well it's a good deal buying a gun that day. I picked up a Smith 442 yesterday.

I bought a GPS online at Buydig.com. The price at Buydig was $379 for the Nuvi 350. At Best Buy and anywhere else around the state, the lower Nuvi 300 was $399+tax.

A good friend has a mattress/furniture store. He says they're swamped on tax free day, but any other day they give better deals than 5%.

Or, one could simply move to New Hampshire.

I did stop by Walmart and picked up a case of WWB .40 for $109.

Although I am in Massa-Draconia-chusetts [angry2], I am real close to one of the Wallyworlds in NH and picked-up 2 boxes of Winchester .40 ammuntion (100 rd value packs) for really short money, saving something close to $17 if I had bought the ammuniton in MA (four 50 rnd packs).
[rockon]

I wound up buying lots of this and that for the house, all tax free which saved me about $25 total. Which of course I put towards buying some .308 and .223 ammo off Madmarc0 at a great price. Even with no new gun I guess I made out ok after all.

Cool! Make some better grips for it though. I'll give you a slab of nice walnut if you want.

Thanks for the offer but I've got some hand sawn slabs of maple burl curing in the woorkshop. The grain is crazy with whorls & swirls. Should be nice winter project.

[shocked] You couldn't shoot my J-Frame because it was too small and you bought that?

Gotta have a mousegun !
mousegun.jpg

I have a .40 S&W M&P on lay-away, not affected by the tax free weekend. However, I did enjoy saving $9.99 on a digital camera for my girlfriend, 2 year anniversary on the 25th.

No tax-free savings this year! [thinking]

We were in CT from Friday thru Sunday, where taxes are a lot higher. Where do I request a "rebate" from "the man"? [rofl]

Still waiting on a reply from Glock on the testing/EOPS approval status on the G21SF and waiting impatiently for the M&P .45 to make the list, so no guns were on the "early" horizon now.

Yes, everyone wants to stick it to the "man", who sticks it to us the other 363 days/year. Last year we saved $100 on a new fridge and GPS.

We stayed in Preston, went to the Mystic Outdoor Arts Festival & Chuck Negron concert at Mohegan Sun on Saturday. Spent Sunday at the Mystic Aquarium and had dinner with a old college friend who's a dealer at Foxwoods. We did visit Foxwoods on Friday . . . yawn! . . . I was bored silly in 5 minutes (we don't gamble) . . . first time there and likely the last. [The dress code for the Foxwoods free concerts is totally bizarre!]

Back
Top Bottom