Tentative Deal : NY Restrict Capacity 7 Rounds

I realize there are some compact style guns out there that could fill the 7 round maximum allowed magazine section of the new law. But, to expect the gun industry to manufacture 7 round mags just for NY residents is ludicrous. Even 10 round mags can be hard to find for some guns, nevermind trying to fond a 7 rounder.

STUPID< STUPID STUPID!!!!!

It should be clear that the goal is to make most guns illegal. A 10 round capacity mean most guns are ok with a short mag. 7 rounds means that you can't have most of what you currently own.

You know how for years we have commented on the people making these laws being stupid and focusing on cosmetic things we could work around if needed (Old AWB)... Anyone else getting the feeling they may have learned from there "mistakes"? 1 "evil" feature and 7 round mags? Hell, you're better off with a .357 lever gun at that rate.

who the hell pulled '7' out of their ass when asked what the mag capacity should be?

My guess is that they didnt want ten rounders because they are too available. Pick something that needs to be custom made, and not in stock so current buyers are sol and cant stock up

Basically they are outlawing the majority of semi autos.

My guess is that they didnt want ten rounders because they are too available. Pick something that needs to be custom made, and not in stock so current buyers are sol and cant stock up

Basically they are outlawing the majority of semi autos.

Ding Ding Ding.... Now the question is, can it be fought in court on those grounds?

You're right. Six would have been more appropriate.[thinking][sad]

I understand that I shouldn't be trying to apply logic to political decisions, but 6 would have at least made some sense. so would 8. so would 30. I don't know of any currently produced magazine that holds 7 rounds that they could have used as an example.

Same people who used to think 10 was a safe number. None of it makes sense, never has and never will. Surprised they didn't go for five and ban most revolvers besides smaller jframes.

Because magazines go up to 11 are too killy for when you need that extra push over the cliff.

I understand that I shouldn't be trying to apply logic to political decisions, but 6 would have at least made some sense. so would 8. so would 30. I don't know of any currently produced magazine that holds 7 rounds that they could have used as an example.

My S&W Shield 9 has 7 round mag. So, good business for S&W. Of course I'll need to toss out the three 8 round mags I have for the gun.

My S&W Shield 9 has 7 round mag.

Well, I stand corrected. So maybe one of the security guys for the senators has a shield as a BUG and they thought it looked cute and less killy. I'm not disparaging the shield - I have been waiting for mine to arrive for 2.5 months now...

The question is will this finally wake people up?

Will be interesting to see the details and if there's grandfathering or confiscation. Of course Obama just said he's going to issue an EO too, so it should be a great week or two [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom