Texas Soon To Allow Open Carry Of Swords

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
could be pretty useful in a SHTF situation...

55202-the-walking-dead-michonne-and-katana.jpg

So wait, Texas recently made it legal to carry concealed firearms at colleges, but with this law you can't open carry a sword at a college?

Will people never learn, swords are not to be ****ed around with.

(NSFW... language)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Texas had a law which forbade carrying blades over 4" or something. It's my guess this legislation just removes a blade length limit. Of course a headline which said that isn't interesting, but focusing on the fact that you could carry a sword if you wanted is what draws attention...

God forbid fishermen are allowed to bring their 6" fillet knives in the tackle box..

You can carry a sword in MA also as long as it isn't double edged and doesn't violate a town ordinance. I occasionally see a weird kid walking through downtown Ayer with a katana on his belt.

By the way, swords are really dangerous to mess with without proper training. Even with training things can go wrong.

You can carry a sword in MA also as long as it isn't double edged and doesn't violate a town ordinance. I occasionally see a weird kid walking through downtown Ayer with a katana on his belt.

By the way, swords are really dangerous to mess with without proper training. Even with training things can go wrong.
C'mon, what's the worst thing that could happen?
Never mind
cdbea763d790409e2e7da09b880b4242.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

(Sigh.) If you're doing something stupid with a weapon, you're going to get tagged with Doing Something Stupid With A Weapon. And in most places, under the law, a rolling pin, a banana, or even a My Little Pony doll could be considered a weapon if it was wielded with intent to harm. The arbitrary blade length, this-feature-or-that-feature prior restraint laws really need to go.

Aren't they SUPPOSED to be dangerous?

I think Texas had a law which forbade carrying blades over 4" or something. It's my guess this legislation just removes a blade length limit. Of course a headline which said that isn't interesting, but focusing on the fact that you could carry a sword if you wanted is what draws attention...

God forbid fishermen are allowed to bring their 6" fillet knives in the tackle box..

The previous law declared any knife with a blade over 5.5" to be an "illegal knife", along with "hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown; dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto, and poniard; bowie knife; sword; or spear." These items weren't illegal to buy, sell, or own, but they were illegal to carry.

Yes, that 6" fillet knife in the tackle box has always been illegal in Texas, the same as a machete or weed hook or any other "bladed hand instrument that is capable of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by cutting or stabbing a person with the instrument".

- - - Updated - - -

This is a good example of Texas still being way behind the curve on personal freedom.

Back
Top Bottom