• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas woman shoots dead 14-year-old boy after 'he tried to break in through her window' while her four younger daughters were home

I think 30-40 years ago the gut check would be different. Not all that long ago in America kids committing serious violence was almost unheard of. On the other hand today we see videos of Dowannas 12 year old and his or her friends beating up homeless people to bloody pulps and so on. Minors as violent thugs is much mpre prevalent than it used to be.
I think 30 years ago it was already a thing, its just more public now courtesy of social media and the internet. Remember the 10 year old gang banger Lil Yummy?? Dead at 11? That was 94

random note the two brothers, 14 and 16, who executed Lil Yummy, got out in 2016 and 2020.

Last edited:
a lot of stuff

I think your approach would reach more ears if you reworded it to something like this - the tragedy is a boy being 14 and somehow thinking there is a net positive outcome, or that somehow this is the path he has to take, or thinks its a good idea to take this path. I get what you are saying, but all cards on table....

I don't feel for him. 14 years is enough time to understand actions have consequences, including ones you didn't think of to begin with. And as far as crimes go, B&E isn't exactly "step 1". Gonna be honest, given recidivism and the general care the CJS takes of those under it's care, this was probably a mercy for the boy.

Back
Top Bottom