The most shotgun fun!

SKS Ray

NES Member
Finally shot my Saiga 12 today and I have to say it is was the most fun I had shooting any shotgun. Only drawback is I wish it was easier to load a mag. Seems with the standard stock configuration you have to manually hold the bolt open to insert a loaded magazine. I gotta believe someone made a bolt hold open modification out there.
At 20 and 10 yards my target looked like swiss cheese with well distributed holes using standard Federal 00 buckshot.
BTW you can bump fire these.[devil2]

BJswiftN.jpg

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=202

Will one of these fit? I have one on my SAR-1. Is the Saiga receiver the same size?

Or you could modify yours to have the notch...wouldn't be too hard to do.

The second 'tang' lets you take the safety off without moving your hand away from the trigger...a nice feature on this one.

Last edited:
Sounds like a blast!
There's forums for everything these days. Try here yet?

I want a new shotgun but I'm torn between the Saiga 12 and the Norinco 1897 Trench Gun knock off.

Nice.

BTW, You don't have to hold the bolt open to insert the mag. It's easier with an open bolt, but not impossible to do it with the bolt closed. I do it all the time.

yup...the saigas are awesome...i have one in every caliber...i wanted to trick out my 12 gauge like some of the ones in the pics from that link but never got around to it...id like to get the barrel chopped and the pistol grip added...would def make a badass assault shotgun

i have a video saved somewhere on my comp of a company that converted the saiga 12s to SBR full auto guns...they go at it with a few doors and old cars and man is the damage incredible...slugs right through both sides of the car and buckshot splintering the door from the hinges

Saiga 12 is an awesome gun. I definietely want to get my hands on one of those very soon. I have a feeling they might go up in value considerably, one of these days. They are still relatively unknown at this point.

Here is a link for the guy who does a lot of those bad ass Siaga conversions on the forums linked to above:

http://www.tromix.com/

Tony Rumore, Ibelive is his name. He makes some insane class III ones, with short barrels and even full auto. Total sick.

SOX

Back
Top Bottom