The new Remington M887 tactical

DickWanner

Banned
887Tactical-prod.jpg

Can't wait for mine to come in [smile]

For 2010, our new Model 887 Nitro Mag Tactical combines supreme toughness and dependability with a handy 18 1/2" barrel, a 2-shot magazine extension and a barrel clamp with integral Picatinny rails for mounting your flashlight or other accessories. It also includes a ported, extended tactical Rem™ Choke and receiver mounted on Picatinny rail.

Key Features:
  • Action design based on the venerable Model 870 - ultra-smooth and reliable
  • Rugged ArmorLokt™ coating totally prevents rust on all exterior surfaces
  • SuperCell recoil pad reduces the felt recoil up to 54%
  • Our softest-shooting pump gun ever
  • Awesome balance and natural pointing characteristics
  • Handles 12-gauge 2 3/4", 3", 3 1/2" loads interchangeably
  • 2-shot magazine extension
  • Barrel clamp with integral Picatinny rails
  • Rugged synthetic stock and fore-end with specially contoure grip panels
  • 18 1/2" barrel with solid rib and HiViz® front sight
  • Sling swivel studs built-in
  • Includes ported, extended tactical Rem Choke

The 887 differs from the 870 in that it has the Armor-Lokt coating, the slide release is on the front of the trigger guard, and it has a rotating/locking bolt.

Last edited:
For 2010, our new Model 887 Nitro Mag Tactical combines supreme toughness and dependability with a handy 18 1/2" barrel, a 2-shot magazine extension and a barrel clamp with integral Picatinny rails for mounting your flashlight or other accessories. It also includes a ported, extended tactical Rem™ Choke and receiver mounted on Picatinny rail.

Key Features:
  • Action design based on the venerable Model 870 - ultra-smooth and reliable Check
  • Rugged ArmorLokt™ coating totally prevents rust on all exterior surfaces Big plus!
  • SuperCell recoil pad reduces the felt recoil up to 54% -5
  • Our softest-shooting pump gun ever -10!
  • Awesome balance and natural pointing characteristics +10
  • Handles 12-gauge 2 3/4", 3", 3 1/2" loads interchangeably no comment?
  • 2-shot magazine extension always a plus!
  • Barrel clamp with integral Picatinny rails she was confused.
  • Rugged synthetic stock and fore-end with specially contoure grip panels much appreciated!
  • 18 1/2" barrel with solid rib and HiViz® front sight good for her poor night viz.
  • Sling swivel studs built-inDUH?
  • Includes ported, extended tactical Rem Choke just in case.

The 887 differs from the 870 in that it has the Armor-Lokt coating, the slide release is on the front of the trigger guard, and it has a rotating/locking bolt.
I ran this by our girl and here is her eval!

I like the forearm... I always wondered why someone hadn't used a similar set up on a "tactical" shotgun.

The receiver is interesting? Plastic over steel?

Highly interested in this since I was looking at the Remington 870 Express Tactical. Seems like this one is a much better model. I'm assuming it holds 8 rounds?

I like the forearm... I always wondered why someone hadn't used a similar set up on a "tactical" shotgun.

The receiver is interesting? Plastic over steel?

You'll find a similar setup with the Benelli Supernova Tactical, which it's believed this shotgun was created to compete against. I would worry about the plastic receiver though, it keeps the weight down and the ArmorLokt coating makes it stronger.

Highly interested in this since I was looking at the Remington 870 Express Tactical. Seems like this one is a much better model. I'm assuming it holds 8 rounds?

The website/catalog claims the regular model as having a 4 shot capacity and the with +2 that would make it 6, but I would expect it to hold 7 2-3/4" shells.

I'm interested in this gun. I already own a 870, but I left it stock. Of the few things I'd like to do to mine, this model seems to come with it already.

You should try and put down a deposit at your dealer if you want it anytime soon. I put mine on order at the Camfour show the second weekend of January and show orders get priority over back orders and I still haven't got mine yet. Camfour just lists it as 'backordered'.

What was wrong with the 870 that it really needed all this to be a better tactical shotgun? My understanding was that the existing design was pretty much untouchable in terms of reliability and durability. For a primary defensive shotgun I think I would be less likely to jump on this over an 870. After it's out for a while with no problems I may change my mind.

Mike

What was wrong with the 870 that it really needed all this to be a better tactical shotgun? My understanding was that the existing design was pretty much untouchable in terms of reliability and durability. For a primary defensive shotgun I think I would be less likely to jump on this over an 870. After it's out for a while with no problems I may change my mind.

Mike

Well for starters I like shotguns chambered for 3-1/2" shells and the 870 Supermag underperforms compared to the Supernova or even the Mossberg 835 for that matter. I also liked the way the 28" waterfowl M887 felt when I fondled it at the Camfour show.

Any opinions on what would be more durable, the M887 tactical vs. Marine Magnum. I have been leaning to the MM but this may be a better choice.

Last edited:
I just found out that only the 28" VR and the 26" Water Fowl models have shipped, we won't be seeing the Tactical or Hunting Combo models shipped until April/May [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom