The ongoing war on terror

KMaurer

NES Member
I ran into somebody yesterday who was talking about next Tuesday being the 6th anniversary of the war on terror. I started to correct him by pointing out everything that had gone on through the 90's when it struck me. Thirty-five years ago today, my wife and I were on our first real vacation since our wedding. I had managed to get permission to travel to Europe (they took high-level security clearances seriously then) and after traveling around for a couple of weeks we were staying with a friend of mine in Leitershofen, Germany. He was working for ASA. We'd been following the news about the Olympics all the time we were there, but he got a flash that night. It seemed that everything had just gone to hell at Furstenfeldbruk. In my mind, it's never stopped since then. [angry]

Ken

Anyone who thinks muslim terrorism began on 9/11/01 is an utter moron.

Or woefully, maybe even purposefully ignorant.

I have a problem with the whole "War on Terror" mentality. The term is completely inaccurate. Terrorism is a tactic to achieve a strategery, OK, strategy if you prefer. The strategy and goal is to impose an Islamic Caliphate on as much of the world as possible. All of it, ideally. To that end the Wahabists are using several tactics, terror being one of them. Buying useful idiots like Carter and W. Clinton is another.

So, in reality this should be called the "War Against Radical Islam". That is the real enemy.

A blog I find interesting and useful in tracking this war, especially how Europe seems to be losing it is http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/

Little Green Footballs also covers a lot of this stuff. LGF also helped break Rathergate, but that's a different story.

Gary

People sometimes don't pay much attention to issues that don't directly affect them. There's even many people who aren't even paying much attention to what is affecting them.

oh yeah. Good luck calling this a war on radical Islam. That's all you need is to have the American President saying anything even remotely close to a war on Islam. Don't think that'd go over well anywhere in the world :)

oh yeah. Good luck calling this a war on radical Islam. That's all you need is to have the American President saying anything even remotely close to a war on Islam. Don't think that'd go over well anywhere in the world :)

THAT is a big part of the problem, everyone is trying to be politically correct and not offend Muslims. Well, maybe they should look at who is representing their religion and do something about it.

Gary

And it's still going on. D, what the hell is going on with your homies?

September 5, 2007

Islamist Website Hosted in Minnesota Features Discussion on How to Attack U.S. Military Bases

http://www.memri.org/bin/opener_latest.cgi?ID=SD170507.

On September 3, 2007, the Islamist website www.ekhlaas.cc, which is hosted by SiteGenie LLC in Rochester, Minnesota, featured a discussion on ways to attack U.S. military bases. The discussion, which took place on a forum on the website, focused mainly on bases located in open terrain, e.g., in the desert, which the forum participants characterized as particularly difficult to approach without being detected. Some of the postings were accompanied by diagrams of military bases showing various plans and angles of attack

At least it wasn't extremist Norwegian Lutherans. There are enough of them around the area to pose a really serious problem. [wink]

Ken

And it's still going on. D, what the hell is going on with your homies?

At least it wasn't extremist Norwegian Lutherans. There are enough of them around the area to pose a really serious problem. [wink]

Ken

The problem with Minnesota is it's become like MA in regards to protected groups. If you're native to the state you're a bad guy, and if you're an immigrant you're a hero.

One of my family members works at the large USPS processing plant in the Twin Cities. During the live coverage of 9/11 there were middle eastern postal employees literally cheering at the television sets. [thinking]

Minnesota is quickly going down hill... The majority of the counties are conservative, however the inner cities are liberal and carry the numbers to push their left wing agenda.

The Twin Cities seems to be a hotbed of Islamacist activity. Cab drivers that refuse to take blind people with seeing eye dogs and refuse to take people carrying alcohol. The "Flying Imans" incident, and others. Not good.

Gary

That's what I call it because that is what it is.

f*** whatever the world thinks [angry]

One of my family members works at the large USPS processing plant in the Twin Cities. During the live coverage of 9/11 there were middle eastern postal employees literally cheering at the television sets.
I think I'd have gone ballistic and assaulted any a$$hole cheering the twin towers going down. I would have just lost it.

And I'm not sure that there'd be a jury, even in Minnesota, that would have convicted me... unless it was 100% Islamic.

Sounds to me like you would have gone Postal!
Yup.

I'm not your typical "Amurrika, love it or leave it" redneck. I like to think that I can keep my temper pretty well - at least in public. But seeing something like that, I'm pretty sure that I'd snap like a glass rod breaking - instantly.

It would have been pretty ugly, I think.

So, in reality this should be called the "War Against Radical Islam". That is the real enemy.
Gary
Not every Muslim is a terrorist, but so far every terrorist in this battle has been a Muslim. So I guess what I'm Saying is +1 to Garys' comment.

Yeah it is really sad how insanely politically correct everything has become. It's one thing to be sensitive to other people's cultures it's another to have mine thrown out just because it's not someone else's. Bye Bye Christmas. Hello winter holiday.
Back onto terrorism. Started way before Munich and will never end. Someone will, unfortunately, always use it as a tactic.

And I'm not sure that there'd be a jury, even in Minnesota, that would have convicted me... unless it was 100% Islamic.

I could come up with 12 Muslims no sweat that would aquit you and shake your hand and say "Nice Grouping, Ross"

Its the ass-backwards radical branch of Islam that's the problem. There are pleanty of people who go to mosques that are no problem at all.

The others, sadly, need a good killin'

I could come up with 12 Muslims no sweat that would aquit you and shake your hand and say "Nice Grouping, Ross"

Its the ass-backwards radical branch of Islam that's the problem. There are pleanty of people who go to mosques that are no problem at all.

The others, sadly, need a good killin'

I agree with this completely, with the caveat that I don't believe the good ones have done anything to isolate, identify and eradicate the bad ones. If they have it is not apparent.

Give the man a ceegar!

+1. I'm actully having a very close friend as a house guest who's Dad is a fairly high-up in the Muslim Community. This question will DEFINETLY be asked at some point.

I definetly can't imagine the Christian or Jewish Community putting up with the totally backwards practices done by the Facists.

Back
Top Bottom