The p365 XL is a remarkable firearm.

I already own a p365 which I put an XL grip on - and it’s a great EDC- but with such a short barrel it has its limitations.

I decided to purchase a p365 XL and threw my wilson combat grip module on.

Got it to the range today. What an incredible firearm. Shoots nearly as accurate as a full sized sidearm, with minimal recoil, and has an exceptional design for discreet EDC. Impressive.

Any other fans?

I have an armory craft skeletonized trigger on order. Will post photos after install.

I already own a p365 which I put an XL grip on - and it’s a great EDC- but with such a short barrel it has its limitations.

Got it to the range today. What an incredible firearm. Shoots nearly as accurate as a full sized sidearm, with minimal recoil, and has an exceptional design for discreet EDC. Impressive.

Any other fans?

I have an armory craft skeletonized trigger on order. Will post photos after install.
One of my favorite handguns. Please post a picture- I may install the same trigger

Any other fans?

Can confirm all of this.

It's sad, but I'm pretty sure the regular p365 outsells the XL something like 5:1. People are missing out. Extremely slim package that shoots almost as well as much larger guns.

I'd ding it a point for the stupid proprietary Sig rail though, the nitride finish is crap compared to something like Glock ndlc or old tenefor, and there is some decent competition with the hellcat, canik mc9, glock 48.

Meh. Wake me up when you EDC an MCX.

Either high capacity 9mm, or low capacity big punch.

The XL is a great firearm. I sometimes regret trading mine, but it just didn't fit my rotation. The 365 I kept and I carry it a lot in the summer. The problem I had with the XL is that at 3:30 with my small stature, it printed as much as a G19. I ended up going with a 26 MOS and it's the perfect compromise for ME. The person I traded the XL to loves it, and it carries much better for him.

The XL is a great firearm. I sometimes regret trading mine, but it just didn't fit my rotation. The 365 I kept and I carry it a lot in the summer. The problem I had with the XL is that at 3:30 with my small stature, it printed as much as a G19. I ended up going with a 26 MOS and it's the perfect compromise for ME. The person I traded the XL to loves it, and it carries much better for him.
I haven’t carried it yet as I’m awaiting my holster but I will keep my 365 w/ xl grip as well for more discreet needs. I purchased the XL because I want to have the ability to be accurate further away, which it accomplished perfectly.

Just no way I’m selling either.

One of my favorite handguns. Please post a picture- I may install the same trigger
Here’s a photo of my 365 w/ xl frame and armorycraft trigger - I ordered another for the XL. That trigger is 10/10.

1701483151114.jpeg

It's sad, but I'm pretty sure the regular p365 outsells the XL something like 5:1. People are missing out. Extremely slim package that shoots almost as well as much larger guns.
No, it doesn’t. Maybe 2:1 sure but selling X and XLs is easy. There's a ton of people the straight 365 is too small for.

I'd ding it a point for the stupid proprietary Sig rail though, the nitride finish is crap compared to something like Glock ndlc or old tenefor, and there is some decent competition with the hellcat, canik mc9, glock 48.
The stock grip is kinda trash, I agree- I love the wilson combat grip module so no worries about the rail here.

1701484845188.jpeg

Lol that's blasphemy. Jk. But it probably just fit you that much better. The ergo compatibility of the 365/x/xl is pretty high.
Haha believe me I know the G19 is a great gun, it is probably my poor shooting but I just shoot the XL much better and for me it's much more comfortable to carry. I still got my G17 which I will never part with

I had a 26. I just didn’t work for me — just too fat and I didn’t like the short grip.

The 26 has become a safe Queen in many homes after the 43X or any of the Sig P365 variants were handled.

Given the choice between a 19, 26 or 43X, the 26 is pretty low on the list, add in the Sig offerings and it goes further down the list

The 26 has become a safe Queen in many homes after the 43X or any of the Sig P365 variants were handled.

Given the choice between a 19, 26 or 43X, the 26 is pretty low on the list, add in the Sig offerings and it goes further down the list
26 MOS has taken over for my 19. Perfect size for me, great shooting, more concealable than the 19, and I can still carry a preban stick as a reload. Shoots far better than the 43x and I don't need to buy a bunch of single stack 10rd mags since we can't have shield 15s in MA.

Meh, that's not a new thing. I like my 26s but honestly the problem with the 26 is that, 99% of the time, if you can carry a 26 you can carry a 19... and the 19 is a much better value prop.

Got her a kenai chest rig. They work well with a pack and getting off and on a bike, a 4 wheeler, or in and out of a truck or side by side. Ive got many, love that setup for my needs. Guides choice work great as well.

I had a 26. I just didn’t work for me — just too fat and I didn’t like the short grip.

In light of all the options available on the market today, the g26, and the double stack subcompact format in general, really doesn’t have much reason to exist.

It’s not that there’s anything wrong with it, it just has worse ergonomics than than the alternatives of the last 5-10 years. And the fact that it can take 17/19 mags isn’t worth much in MA.

I had a devil of a time controlling the OG 365 based on my hand size (and skill/ability). I didn’t fare too much better with the 365xl. Oddly enough I can handle my 43 pretty well.

Haha believe me I know the G19 is a great gun, it is probably my poor shooting but I just shoot the XL much better and for me it's much more comfortable to carry. I still got my G17 which I will never part with
I think it’s the angle of the glock grips.
They simply don’t point well for me either. I can press out with cz, sig, hk and the sights always seem to fall where I’m staring. Every time I try it with a 19 it’s pointing somewhere else.
I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom