• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Quietest Suppressor in History?

Everythingzilligilinmazzashootzitz.
Correct. But the day may come when such a technology could save your life and the rules of survival trump any rules of the state.

ETA: But of course, follow all rules and laws! (dear ATF, I didn’t buy anything from your fake Chinese can website hosted in AWS US-East, no need to raid me, thank you)

the hushpuppy is interesting but its not the quietest. B&T did a great job with their VP9 View attachment 651188
I don't have a B&T Station Six but I have enough B&T silencers to doubt its quieter than the KAC XM9 with new wipes. B&T seems to always prioritize suppression lower than other attributes, most of there business is with MIL/LE who have other priorities, like flash and durability.

I have the a modified Beretta 92 with a slide lock and when paired with the KAC XM9 it is silly quiet. When the wipes are new the hiss of the escaping gases is louder than the report. It only stays really quiet for 20 to 25 rounds then the wipes start to wear a little.

Whatcha got?

I was surprised to learn they make cans for shotguns btw.
I've seen it, its a bad ass homemade silenced weapon platform with a Monroe Muffler sticker on it if I recall correctly.

The production shotgun silencers are heavy and still pretty loud, I have the SiCo one I thought I might use for hunting but the thing is too heavy.

I don't have a B&T Station Six but I have enough B&T silencers to doubt its quieter than the KAC XM9 with new wipes. B&T seems to always prioritize suppression lower than other attributes, most of there business is with MIL/LE who have other priorities, like flash and durability.

I have the a modified Beretta 92 with a slide lock and when paired with the KAC XM9 it is silly quiet. When the wipes are new the hiss of the escaping gases is louder than the report. It only stays really quiet for 20 to 25 rounds then the wipes start to wear a little.
I'd agree with that for the most part but the VP9 locks up like a bolt action much like the xm9 and they port the everliving shit out of the barrel where as the beretta runs a longer barrel, unported, and fires through a heavily wiped can. The design is based on the welrod

1660753536752.png

I've seen it, its a bad ass homemade silenced weapon platform with a Monroe Muffler sticker on it if I recall correctly.

The production shotgun silencers are heavy and still pretty loud, I have the SiCo one I thought I might use for hunting but the thing is too heavy.

How do shotgun silencers work? Only slugs? If using buckshot, how do you not get baffle strikes?

How do shotgun silencers work? Only slugs? If using buckshot, how do you not get baffle strikes?
The rails you see in the picture prevent the wad from opening until it's out of the silencer. It vents and cools the gases around the rails. It's kind of a cool design since it can be modular and you pick your length and weight. Shotguns produce so much hot gas its very hard to cool it effectively so you still get a pretty loud report. This is the SiCo Salvo 12 I have, they all use some mechanism like the rails to keep the shot in the wad.

7C8A8564-0AEE-4D3E-B0E1-32F21AEB583D.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd agree with that for the most part but the VP9 locks up like a bolt action much like the xm9 and they port the everliving shit out of the barrel where as the beretta runs a longer barrel, unported, and fires through a heavily wiped can. The design is based on the welrod

View attachment 651235
I forgot the Station Six has the ported barrel like the MP5SD and the APC9SD. That is a cool feature since it will make even 115 grain subsonic. If I want super quiet from my Hushpuppy/XM9 you have to run subs. I may still pick up a Station Six, I think they are cool. I heard early on some folks were running their MP5SD cans while waiting for the silencer to clear the ATF and those were insanely quiet. Its basically the same silencer but longer.

Whatcha got?

I was surprised to learn they make cans for shotguns btw.
It's a heavily ported barrel surrounded with various materials to expand and cool the gasses inside an aluminum tube. I spray a 10:1 mix of water and cutting oil into it to keep it cool. Made and registered it with NFA branch on a Form2 many years ago. There's a write up on it here on the forum somewhere. Folks have shot it at the NES shoots at Monadnock. It's with Little Jack in NH now and he has fun with it. It's good with slugs and a scope for off-season deer hunting. JUST KIDDING!!!!. Jack.

Powder selection and barrel length seems to be more important than suppressor choice in my experience with 308 caliber projectiles. Staple gun/ BB gun quiet is the norm for bolt guns running heavy subs and trail boss, even with older suppressor tech.

Anyone know if owning a B&T Station Six without a can but with threaded barrel would be a problem in MA without FFL?

It’s a pistol so not under the assault weapon evil features list scrutiny?

The rails you see in the picture prevent the wad from opening until it's out of the silencer. It vents and cools the gases around the rails. It's kind of a cool design since it can be modular and you pick your length and weight. Shotguns produce so much hot gas its very hard to cool it effectively so you still get a pretty loud report. This is the SiCo Salvo 12 I have, they all use some mechanism like the rails to keep the shot in the wad.

View attachment 651242
Cool.

I took a friend shooting for the first time, and rented a 300blk SBR w/ suppressor and sub ammo. He kept having to ask me if it was working
Yeah - my 300ACC Tavor X95 and OSS can are so quiet with subsonic ammo, that the sound of the action cycling startled me at first. I'd never heard it before while shooting.

Nice. Demonstration:

View: https://youtu.be/ODdT9HQcv1Q

Q: can this gun be owned in MA without an 07 FFL?

No, you gots to be 07/SOT. Problem with those is that Ceiner filled the space between the ported (88 3/16 holes) barrel and the tube with brass shoe eyelets. After about 1000-1500 rounds the eyelets get all carboned up and need to be replaced. It's a real bitch getting it apart the first time, but it can be done. I've done it four times over the last 30 years. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom