• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Trijicon TR24, anyone got one?

Considering one of these for my AR, looking for input. If you have one and like it, what in particular, as far as features go, should I make sure to get? I assume they come in different flavors.

Thanks in advance.

I had a TR24 with the triangle reticle but sold it. The glass is nice and the reticles are pretty simple (the triangle is very simple). The fact that they don't need batteries is great. The triangle was nice for closer, faster shooting, but harder for longer, more precision shooting.

For the most part, the reviews are pretty good for durability, but there are also some reports of issues coming up (though I can't say if it is more common than other scopes).

There are now lots of options in the 1-4 or 1-6 optics for similar prices, so I would also say consider the other options also. What are your primary purposes?

For a 1-4, I think the Vortex PST is tough to beat for $450-500 (the older SWFA 1-4 is pretty nice also). But for a little more than the Trijicon, you can have a 1-6 that may have a better reticle and the option of more magnification.
I have used
-Vortex Viper PST MRAD 1-4
-Vortex Razor Gen II MRAD 1-6
-GRSC 1-6
-Leupold MK6 1-6
-SWFA SS 1-6

I think the SWFA is great for the price, straightforward reticle and good glass. Leupold is great if you don't worry about price and want performance and light-weight. The Vortex Razor is great if you don't care about weight (they're heavy) - very nice glass, reticle and illumination.

The TR24 is definitely nice, but the only real advantages I see are if you want a simple reticle (but then why not Aimpoint) and/or no batteries.

Back
Top Bottom