• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This isn't good..

This is tommorow at 10am.

City of Boston to Kick Off New Firearm Safety Initiative
MEDIA ADVISORY/PHOTO OPPORTUNITY

WHO: Mayor Thomas M. Menino, Acting Boston Police Commissioner Albert E. Goslin, Boston Police Command Staff, and Special Guest

WHAT: The City of Boston is participating in a nationwide firearm education and safety program. This event will define the details of the partnership and reinforce Boston’s commitment to gun violence prevention.

WHERE: Boston Police Headquarters
Media Room

Menino's beliefs about gun safety essentially account to: if you don't have one, the criminals are safe.

His views on education can be summarized as: we must indoctrinate our children from youth never, ever to touch guns unless they want to become a mugger.

Yeah...color me less than enthused

*** shameless blog link whoring alert in effect ***

From mAss Backwards:

Normally, I'd be 100% behind such an effort. But, seeing as this has Mumbles' name all over it, consider me less than enthused. I guess we'll just have wait and see to find out how he screws this one up. Maybe, he'll invite his in-house expert, Sgt. Ray Mosher, there to share with us his wisdom on the different types of guns and ammunition available to the state's licensed gun owners.

Or, perhaps, he'll provide us with an update on his exciting "Peace Through Mini-Manhole Covers" initiative from last summer.

I wonder if City Councilor Rob "Satellite" Consalvo will be there.

The way I see it, either Menino will be participating in a gun safety program, which mirrors exactly the NRA's Eddie Eagle GunSafe Program program (while simultaneously trashing the NRA and its members, labeling them a bunch of neolithic death merchants), or he's going to use this opportunity to get his face in front of the cameras and regurgitate all the feel-good, do-nothing, failed gun control measures of the past.

And, I'm almost afraid to ask who the "Special Guest" will be.

Back
Top Bottom