• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time for some changes at Ames

Yes, my comment was only in regard to the behavior of the officers (I've heard other horror stories off-line as well). The ranges are great, and I plan to join once things change.

Bill, I have been the member here since 1994. Frankly, I would love to see you here, and, thus, I hope things will change for the better.

The members do NOT care about this club why should we? The meeting had less than normal turn out, no one asked about the audit. These people are "mushrooms" they feed on the sh!t they are fed, they deserve to loose their facility. Maybe we could have a group buy and buy out that property before the developers get their hands on it.

A reasonable first step if some members choose to litigate would be to obtain a court order compelling the club to turn over the membership list to the plaintiffs so they could inform others who may wish to join the suit.

The members have lost interest or drank the kool aid, all is better now.

Are you just about done? You have no idea what "the members" care about or what their interests are, or what they are going to do. Listen, we get it, but just because attendance at a meeting didn't meet your criteria, don't keep making insulting remarks about the members. What did you do? You had a problem with the club, you quit, and came running to NES to bitch about it, and judging from your post count, I'd say that is just about all you come here to do.

Or is your attorney working on it? I appreciate your input, and am glad that you shared your experiences with us, but I would also appreciate if you stopped insulting members, you know... like me

That's why the motto of the U.S. Army Infantry is "Follow Me." And of Army OCS "No Compromise." Sounds like a leadership opportunity for you!

I belong to BRP but if there's anything we can do from outside to support you in returning the club to a responsive, responsible organization, sing out!

"We must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
Ben Franklin

Last edited:
In most cases where there is conflict or potential conflict, the majority of work gets done "in the back room" where only a handful know what is really happening. That's the way legislation really works, that's the way Jesse Cohen is most successful dealing with difficult chiefs, etc.

We can hope the same is happening here.

From my experiences at DEC I can tell you that large (20+) committee meetings rarely result in useful work . . . thus to expect massive change to happen at a general membership meeting is probably unrealistic.

Let's hope that there is an announcement at some point in the future that things have changed.

Doesn't help that every time a member does try to do something, they seem to get excommunicated from the club.

This basically means that at this point, "orbital bombardment" is all that is possible, really.

-Mike

Are you just about done? You have no idea what "the members" care about or what their interests are, or what they are going to do. Listen, we get it, but just because attendance at a meeting didn't meet your criteria, don't keep making insulting remarks about the members. What did you do? You had a problem with the club, you quit, and came running to NES to bitch about it, and judging from your post count, I'd say that is just about all you come here to do.

Or is your attorney working on it? I appreciate your input, and am glad that you shared your experiences with us, but I would also appreciate if you stopped insulting members, you know... like me

So sorry I hurt your feelings, I was trying to rally the troops. To bad you were not so vocal at the meetings as you are on NES. Your right, I did leave the club, but I still have a brother and uncle active in the club so..., I Do know what is going on. I probably know more than you! These guys go to the meetings and said they barely had a quorum, thanks for showing up. I have been out of work for the better part of 2 years from injury and lay offs. Do you and my Atorney know something I don't? I can barely pay attention let alone an attorney for this BS! I enjoyed my brief time there but could not stomach the crap going on. If you want to do something for your club, get involved. There is safety in numbers and that is what the members need right now. I was active in my Union before my accident and know your club has NO by laws they follow, they make them up as they go. Speak up at meetings not here, you can, I can't.

The more people know before they line the pockets of corrupt leadership the better. I have had more time on my hands to research the tax liens and so on than I care to share here. People have brought this over the years and been forced out, take the information for those before you and make a change. All you need has been posted by members here.

How much land did the Club actualy loose? Fact is land was lost to Non payment of taxes. Can the public now hunt with land owner permission on the fringes?

How much land did the Club actualy loose? Fact is land was lost to Non payment of taxes. Can the public now hunt with land owner permission on the fringes?

Where did you hear this? I'm a member and I haven't heard anything about losing land. I know that the club was in arrears on some lots, but the last I heard a payment plan had been worked out.

Where did you hear this? I'm a member and I haven't heard anything about losing land. I know that the club was in arrears on some lots, but the last I heard a payment plan had been worked out.

Public information Gary, available at either Easton or Stoughton town hall. Just for giggles force the BOD to release a topo map of "Club" property so you can hunt the land. Better yet ask them for the map so you can see what land YOU and the Membership own. People have been asking for property lines for years.. If they were still around you could ask them. Remember the new member that abutted the property??

Back
Top Bottom