To The Guy I May Have Pissed Off in the Gun Store Today

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
I apologize for my actions, but you did give that pistol back to the owner to put back on the wall while you thought about it.

I have learned from similar experiences that you need to know what you want, and if you see it, make your decision right then. And I did.

You can be angry at me and that's okay. You can be angry at yourself, that's the way we learn. But please don't be angry at the dealer. His job is to sell guns, not hold on to them while someone might be thinking about it.

So, hopefully no hard feelings.

Lol, so some guy was a feeb and didn't decide to buy a gun and then got pissed cause you bought it? [rofl]

I've had that go both ways before but I never got pissy about it getting grabbed from under me... well, except when a shop told me they would hold the gun, and I drove 45 minutes and it was gone. That was annoying.

ETA: out of curiosity, what kind of a gun are we talking here? My prediction is the guy you are referring to either was a drama queen or realized he ****ed up badly in not buying it....

-Mike

No outbursts or anything like that. He just left abruptly, not responding when the dealer said good bye.

I have missed a few purchases myself, but because I was slow to commit.

I have always operated under the guidance that, if you have it in your hands (and did not take it away from the other person), it is yours if you commit.

Last edited:
That must've been delicious to watch... Someone having a tantrum because the gun they were looking at was poached when they decided not to buy it. More details needed... What kind of gun?

There was no tantrum or outburst, just a quick quiet exit.

It was a 1992 Sig P228, two-tone. It was the true two-tone with silver-colored controls, not just the slide.

There was no tantrum or outburst, just a quick quiet exit.

It was a 1992 Sig P228, two-tone. It was the true two-tone with silver-colored controls, not just the slide.

Nice!

Bet that was folded slide too... probably nice trigger. Nice pickup, if the price was right.

I had a P228 like that once... mine was factory nickel. I let it go like a nipplehead, but at least the guy who bought it said he wanted to keep it to pass it down to his kid someday.

That guy probably went home and threw a tantrum. [laugh]

Then again, if he had to think about it, and didnt have the money, etc, probably was just as well that he didnt buy it anyways.

-Mike

I've been on both sides of similar situations. I got a sweet S&W 3913TSW because I called FS at 9:00AM and the guy behind me called at 9:05AM. I know the guy and he was mad at himself. A few months later, HE called at 9:00AM and bought a sweet S&W 3953 out from under me. I was mad at myself for hesitating on a gun I've been looking for for at least five years.

The time to buy a gun you've been looking for is when it's in your hands and you have the money. The only person to be pissed at if you don't and someone else does, is you.

I've been on both sides of similar situations. I got a sweet S&W 3913TSW because I called FS at 9:00AM and the guy behind me called at 9:05AM. I know the guy and he was mad at himself. A few months later, HE called at 9:00AM and bought a sweet S&W 3953 out from under me. I was mad at myself for hesitating on a gun I've been looking for for at least five years.

That's kinda funny the other guy came back and snuck one from you. [rofl]

Reminds me of when Carl listed a pre-98 exempt Sig P210. He said the gun sold in 5 minutes and the shop was flooded with calls for an hour until he delisted the gun. [rofl]

-Mike

Eh, not a gun but an old Zippo at a Charity Thrift Shop.

I had it in my hand to buy, when some dork starts complaining and arguing with the clerk (who was a volunteer) that he supposedly told her to "hold it for him" earlier.

He was pretty much wailing like a baby, so I looked at him, and said "Here" and gave it to him. NOT to do HIM a favor. Because the clerk doesn't deserve that treatment.

Relived, she thanked me sincerely.

"No Problem"

See God, I did ONE good thing in my life. [devil]

happened to my friend a few weeks ago.... nice 1903a3 on the rack 1200$ my friends knuckles where white while holding on to it he did not want to put it down. I told him go offer the 750 you got im your pocket.... I had to leave. Later he called all pissed because he went to the bank to get more money in case the dealer said no. I found out a few days later who bought it and he claims he walked out the door at 700$! I don't have the heart to tell my other friend but he will find out soon enough as they frequent the range and often see each other.

One of the worst things about this though...

I am gonna have to bring a gun in to put up on his wall to pay for this purchase.

[crying]

I worked retail for many years. Numerous times customers would spend about a half an hour making up their minds, then complain about the price, after I gave them a deal and not buy and leave. Myself and the rest of the guys would then look to try to sell the item that night. When they came back once they realized it was a deal....it was gone. Dealing with the public is tough. The moral of the story is do your homework and don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Once it goes back in stock it's fair game.

Doesn't the guy who lose out usually head to another store or online and go into rage spending mode? Just making irrational angry purchases. Or is that just me?

In my mind. I was going to spend it anyways. Whether it's a new toy(s), or rampage mode hookers and blow. It's money that never existed. Amirite? [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom