Towns with CLEO's that sign Form 1 CLEO...

I am looking to build my first SBR, the only thing i am worried about is getting the CLEO signature.

Has anyone had any luck with Chief in Newton signing for an SBR?

If not, what towns have you had luck with?

Newton MA? Good luck with that. [laugh]

They won't even give out ALP/None on a regular basis, I highly doubt an NFA
signoff is going to be forthcoming, but maybe it won't hurt to ask... I've heard of weirder things, like a Brookline resident that has a green card but still got a restricted LTC... go figure. [shocked]

-Mike

corporation register

I was told you can register a MG or SBR to a corporation, This way you do not need a CLEO sign-off. People, chime in if I am not correct.

MG's require CLEO signoff. SBR, SBS, DD can go the trust route.
This is interesting - what statute establishes that MGs are excluded from the trust route available to other NFA weapons?

My experience with Greenfield, MA is that it's true to it's name is every single way.

I used to think that getting firearms licenses was so much easier in western ma because it's rural V >495. In the last decade I've learned that it has more to do with the fact that nothing is really all that uptight out here. No one's really in a hurry. Nothing is worth all that much (beyond our rights) and so there is no compelling reason to deny anyone something so fundamental as a firearm.

Last edited:
More bad NES advice from yet another NES'r who has no clue what he's talking about.

Thanks for correcting me on something that someone already corrected me on YESTERDAY in this EXACT thread.

Rather than make a douchebag statement like the above statement you made, you could back that statement up with some facts.

NES is all about learning from one another, especially when it comes to NFA stuff. No one knows everything. Yes, i know it's hard to believe, but not even YOU know everything. Hard to imagine right?

For me, I learned yesterday that MG's can go into the trust, it was the MG permit that I was thinking of that requires CLEO signoff. I knew there was a distinguishing factor, and that was it. For SBRs and the like, you can keep your class A ltc and do the Form 1, 3, 4. For MGs, you need the MG permit which requires the signoff, the hardest part that people have.

If you want to maintain 28 posts in 2 years, and continue to make statements like that above without offering advice or politely correcting individuals, then maybe NES isn't the place for you?

Last edited:
NES is all about learning from one another, especially when it comes to NFA stuff.

From my perspective, it's (mostly) about people who lack the intelligence and self control to not give advice about stuff they don't know about. You can see that in almost every thread on this site. There are quite a few real experts and shooters here, and then there are the droves of folks who fancy themselves experts.

Say what you will about me, but at least I'm smart enough to not give fellow shooters advice about something I know nothing (or very little) about.

then maybe NES isn't the place for you?

Well, there's one thing you're right about. Precisely why you don't/won't see me posting here regularly.

[smile]

Say what you will about me, but at least I'm smart enough to not give fellow shooters advice about something I know nothing (or very little) about.

Well, there's one thing you're right about. Precisely why you don't/won't see me posting here regularly.

[smile]

Excellent advice. Good thing I haven't tried to apply for a NFA stamp or anything right? I might have to sign a firearm into a trust or some weird ish like that. [rolleyes]

Posts have an "edit" function. If you find that you have posted something inaccurate, it's probably a good idea to go back and update the actual post with your own correction.

Thanks for correcting me on something that someone already corrected me on YESTERDAY in this EXACT thread.

Rather than make a douchebag statement like the above statement you made, you could back that statement up with some facts.

NES is all about learning from one another, especially when it comes to NFA stuff. No one knows everything. Yes, i know it's hard to believe, but not even YOU know everything. Hard to imagine right?

For me, I learned yesterday that MG's can go into the trust, it was the MG permit that I was thinking of that requires CLEO signoff. I knew there was a distinguishing factor, and that was it. For SBRs and the like, you can keep your class A ltc and do the Form 1, 3, 4. For MGs, you need the MG permit which requires the signoff, the hardest part that people have.

If you want to maintain 28 posts in 2 years, and continue to make statements like that above without offering advice or politely correcting individuals, then maybe NES isn't the place for you?

i recommend you not post information like this in a public forum...if you want to protect future possibilities of a particular ownership status..you should keep info to yourself and a trusted select few that you know!

all the MA AG has to do is go on NES to figure out what MA needs for "better gun control" and sees all these helpful hints/routes that people post publicly to get them what they want. And thats what they will put a choke on and ban next. at least post in the NES member thread that is private. but that still isnt the safest place.

if someone wants a particular license they will find a way to get it by word of month, otherwise they dont need it. there no need to flood this information out into the wrong peoples' eyes.

Last edited:
i recommend you not post information like this in a public forum...if you want to protect future possiblity of particular ownership status..you should keep info to yourself and a trusted select few that you know!

all the MA AG has to do is go on NES to figure out what MA needs for "better gun control" and sees all these helpful hints/routes that people post publicly to get them what they want. And thats what they will put a choke on and ban next. at least post in the NES member thread that is private. but that still isnt the safest place.

if someone wants a particular lisence they will find a way to get it by word of month, otherwise they dont need it. there no need to flood this infomation out into the wrong peoples' eyes.

What? MG permits etc are public knowledge all over this board. As a matter of fact, the entire forum you are in reading this very message is public and dedicated to NFA.

The MA AG doesn't need to go on NES to know MA laws. They do afterall require a special permit to own MG's whereas other NFA do not require this permit.

i recommend you not post information like this in a public forum...if you want to protect future possibilities of a particular ownership status..you should keep info to yourself and a trusted select few that you know!

if someone wants a particular license they will find a way to get it by word of month, otherwise they dont need it. there no need to flood this information out into the wrong peoples' eyes.

Everything Squished said is public knowledge .... he didn't divulge any "secrets" to anyone. Maybe you should do some research before posting crap like this again.

Out of the NFA forum with all of you [wink]

Back
Top Bottom