Trigger work

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
All this talk about triggers got me thinking. I want to get some work done to my Sig 226 Trigger. Does anybody know of a good trigger guy?

I've used Bob Javery in the past, but the last I'd heard was that he was quite ill. It's a darn shame. He's quite a nice guy and not that old. And an excellent gunsmith too.

I'm going to try Santurri in RI for my next project.

I might try searching over at http://sigforum.com for local gunsmiths - I noticed that the Manchester Firing Line does have a Sig Armorer available during part of the week - not sure if a factory trained armorer can do trigger work though. I think Sig makes a "short" trigger for a lot of its handguns as well.

The "short" trigger only changes the location of the trigger for shorter fingers, does not change the travel length....

Anyone see anything wrong with sending directly to Sig for an action enhancement pack?

Yes, the 1-ton MA trigger requirements are only on approval of the NEW guns for sale. No impact on having any custom work done.

Karl Sokol at Chestnut Mountain Sports in W. Rutland, VT is tops when it comes to pistol, revolver or rifle work. He's built 4 S&W revolvers for me, ranging from a custom carry M65 to a 6" 686 pin gun. He works magic on 1911's, too. A friend of my father had his P220 worked over by him, and I couldn't see how you could improve on it. I don't have his number handy right now, but a call to information will do the trick. You may have seen his work in Combat Handguns magazine several times.

Nobody else will touch any gun I own.

Can't find a listing for the company name, only a personal listing. Here's the info:

Karl Sokol
Whipple Hollow Rd
West Rutland, VT 05777
(802) 438 - 5732

Cross-X said:
The go to guy for triggers, action work, and custom jobs is Greg Derr. Check out his ad in the GOAL Message. His shop is located in Marshfield, MA.

Good catch. I've heard lots of good things about Greg over the years, but I have no personal experience with his work.

I have had Greg do action jobs on three of my revolvers, and will shortly be sending my 1911 for some work, and possibly my S&W 625 too.

He gives lots of bang for the buck, and is a former Olympic pistol competitor. and shot last week at Camp Perry.

Cross-X said:
The go to guy for triggers, action work, and custom jobs is Greg Derr. Check out his ad in the GOAL Message. His shop is located in Marshfield, MA.

Thanks for the info CrossX

Back
Top Bottom