trouble for receiving a gun thats not on "the list"

ive been lurking on this forum for a while, but i logged in because i have a question about getting a gun thats not on "the list".

i have a friend whos uncle is a mass FFL. he said he could get us guns that arent on "the list" but did not explain how. im guessing either he thinks there is some sort of loophole, or he doesnt think hed get caught transferring the gun.

what i want to know is, can i get in trouble for receiving a gun from an ffl thats not on the list (a new glock, m&p, springfield 1911, etc)?

there are no high capacity magazines or anything else thats outright illegal involved. near as i can tell, the gun is legal to own once its been transfered to me or my friend, but the transfer seems to be the questionable part.

if my friends uncle wants to stick his neck out and says he can do the transaction (which he insists he can), thats just fine with me. i just want to make sure im not going to be stuck trying to explain where i got the gun, should the question ever arrise.

thanks for your help! great forum.

-JG

MGLs in 1998 made it a criminal offense for a MA DEALER to transfer anything not on the EOPS List or grandfathered (in MA on 10/21/98). [AG issues are separate and not addressed here.]

ALL the liability goes to the MA DEALER, NOT the purchaser.

However, I would suggest that you keep the source and what/how you get it to yourself. There are both Fed and State folks that check this forum (and others). If they get "curious" they have legal means to go after those violating the laws (sellers)!

"Loose lips sink ships!"

excellent, thank you. and thanks for the heads up. my lips are sealed.

and now a message for all out gun owning bretheren in massachusetts occupied territory: 'john has a long mustache'

The doctor buries all his patients.

The long sobs of violins of autum ...

There is a fire at the travel agency.

... wound my heart with monotonous languor.

Ken

... (a new glock, m&p, springfield 1911, etc)?
I think the OP didn't make it clear. The guns he mentioned ARE on the EOPS list. There is no criminal doing by the FFL for transferring those guns, it is a violation of AG regulations (so-called AG list) and there are ways to go around them.

Back
Top Bottom