Twigg's Traditional Marksmanship Event Saturday, May 26 8:30 AM -1:00 PM

Twigg

NES Member

MRGC is sponsoring this event.

When: Saturday, May 26 from 8:30AM to 1:00PM

Fee: 15 bucks cash<--- This means we will have the range to ourselves !
All proceeds go the club and this covers the cost of insurance to protect the club.

This will be a continuing program and will run through the summer and into the fall. Sessions will be offered twice per month on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons. Sunday shoots may start later in the afternoon to take advantage of the longer daylight hours. Watch for further announcements.
Future dates to be announced. [smile]

I will be gearing this program for the shooter who has atteneded at least one Appleseed event although this is not a requirement. Novice shooters should PM me before signing up. This program will be for centerfire rifles such as the AR and AK platforms, If you have an SKS/ bolt action or an MBR, feel free to bring it. We will be shooting at full size IDPA targets starting at 100 yards and will back out to 200 yards as the day progresses.

If there is enough demand for a .22lr event I will post an event. PM me any requests.
This is a sign up thread for the Kick Off on May 26th.

Traditional Marksmanship means we will be firing in the traditional Standing, Kneeling, Sitting and Prone positions.
Yes V-tac barricades are fun but that's "Out of the box" thinking but I need to get everyone solidly "in the box" first.
We'll do barricades later in the program.

I am open to drill suggestions if there is interest, start a seperate thread.
This is a sign up thread for the Kick Off on May 26th.

Round count should be around 200 rounds.

If you need a centerfire rifle you may use mine, all I ask is you provide your own ammo. Brass cased only !

What to bring:
A tarp / shooting mat or elbow and knee pads (the range is full of rocks and may be muddy)

Centerfire rifle and 200 rounds of ammnution.

Chest rig or web gear to carry four magazines.

Please bring your magazines unloaded.

Safety glasses, hearing protection. sunscreen, bug repellant, hat and water.

A small note book and pen <--- this will be your range log, use it to record your zero, type of ammo, and any equipment issues.

I will need to cap attendance at ten shooters unless there are volunteer RSO's.

Who's in ?
-----------
ETA: "in";
-----------
1. Fixxah
2. Navy Moose
3 &4 . dingbat +1
5. mattyweb
6. thehoyt
7. me109g4
8. PixelPusher
9. Publius
10 & 11. Andy In NH +1

OK that's 11 so I'm calling the firing line is full folks... [smile] Watch for more events coming soon !

Last edited:
In.

But if a mosin will work it will save me the cost of 200rds of .30 carbine or .308

I have no (complete) AR but I have lots of... Actually my shoulder hurts at the thought...

Where can I get .30 carbine cheap...?

I'd be interested but would a Chest rig really be required for Traditional Marksmanship?

The idea is to have your ammo with you. Targets will be placed at the berm, the firing line will start at 100 yards and we will move further back for each position. I guess you could just put four mags in a shopping bag.

Last edited:
I'm in like Flynn. I have an AR someone can borrow, just provide our own ammo. Also have a mag holder that someone can borrow. The mag holder is inline and will attach to both a belt and Molle gear.

Don't be shy folks and don't let the lack of a rifle stop you ! thehoyt has generously offered a loaner rifle and I have one to loan as well.

Just bring brassed cased ammo and you're GTG !

I wish I could make it but I have a prior commitment for that day. Next time for sure!

I wish I could make it but I have a prior commitment for that day. Next time for sure!

Excuses, excuses...
fce32f95.gif
[wink]

I'm in like Flynn. I have an AR someone can borrow, just provide our own ammo. Also have a mag holder that someone can borrow. The mag holder is inline and will attach to both a belt and Molle gear.

If not already assigned, I'd like to take you up on this. I don't think my body can take 200+ rounds of 7.62x51...

Now, if anyone does feel up to that, they are welcome to shoot my HK-91.

If not already assigned, I'd like to take you up on this. I don't think my body can take 200+ rounds of 7.62x51...

Now, if anyone does feel up to that, they are welcome to shoot my HK-91.

Which one do you want to use? I have a 14.7 and a 16 inch AR. Both use Magpul sights and should be zero'd to 100 yards. The 14.7 has a MOE handguard with a AFG. The 16 has a YHM quad rail and a vertical grip. The accessories can come off if need be. Your choice.

F.

The "I Hate My Car" thread is forcibly reminding me I shouldn't take it that far before I fix it. (some "issues" with a front hub/bearing on one and brakes on the other)

I'm going to back out (I *will* make one later in the year) for this event.

So, thehoyt, thanks, but let the next guy take it and Mr T, you haven't seen the last of me!

Two spots open folks. C'mon up !

Do not let the lack of a rifle stop you from coming up, loaners have been offered and I'll lent out my AR as well.
Just bring 200 rounds of brass cased ammo in addition to the items listed in the OP and you're GTG!

FYI, I'll be bringing both my 5.56 AR's just in case someone needs to borrow one, as well as four extra magazines. If you want to use one, come see the fat man.

I'll have some spare mags as well. No spare rifle though.

FYI I'm the other fat guy.

EDIT: Will be bringing a second rifle as well (Thanks Boghog1)

Last edited:
...and a good time was had by all

Gentlemen, it was a pleasure calling the line for you all today !

Everybody did well for the first time out.

For some'a you guys we're gonna hafta try the 'Boolit Guide" technique tho... [laugh]

b42d7620.jpg

No names please, you know who you are.... [wink]

Seriously though, Thanks and a Tip O'the Stetson ™
yo.gif
for coming out to shoot with us.

I'm really looking forward to next time. [smile]

Seriously Twigg, If anyone deserves the "Tip O'the Stetson ™
yo.gif
" it's you.

Thank you for being a great teacher and gracious host.

I had a blast. Now I have to look at my calendar to see how many of these I can make[smile].

Back
Top Bottom