Two held in rolling gun threat

I'm sure since they weren't licensed to carry, they'll do just fine in the legal system and just receive slaps on the wrists:

Two held in rolling gun threat

Weapon, drugs found during police stop

By Matthew Bruun TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

LEOMINSTER— Police arrested two men Wednesday during an investigation of a gun being brandished at a passing vehicle.

Jose Oquendo, 19, of 13 State St., pleaded not guilty to charges of carrying a loaded firearm without a license, and carrying a firearm without a firearms identification card. He was released after posting $2,500 cash bail.

Rocky Hidalgo Jr., 22, of 16 Depot Square, was held on $10,000 cash bail after pleading not guilty to possession of cocaine and assault with a dangerous weapon.

Officer Jerome Moore’s report said a woman called police from her cell phone to say someone in the car behind her had been pointing a weapon at her vehicle. Police found the vehicles involved and the occupants of one waved at the officers and pointed to the car behind them, saying, “They have a gun! They have a gun!”

Police pulled over the second vehicle. The front seat passenger, later identified as Mr. Oquendo, was reaching under his seat as police approached, the officer wrote. He was ordered from the car at gunpoint and police found a loaded .22-caliber pistol in a diaper bag on the floorboard.

Police later found a bag of crack cocaine near the rear passenger seat, where Mr. Hidalgo had been sitting, according to court records. Mr. Hidalgo also had outstanding warrants for his arrest for failing to appear in Fitchburg District Court on prior weapons charges.

A passenger in the first car, which allegedly had the gun pointed at it, had previously dated Mr. Oquendo and was receiving text messages from him during the incident, according to court records.

The woman who called police said she was reluctant to cooperate with authorities for fear of being considered a snitch.

Officer Moore said she shouldn’t be afraid to exercise her rights on Independence Day, and she agreed to submit her account of the incident.

One is already out and on the street. No doubt operating under a different name as an "undocumented worker"...

"no, no, mi nobre es Miguel. No Rocky! 'Amnesty' por favor?"

I'm sure since they weren't licensed to carry, they'll do just fine in the legal system and just receive slaps on the wrists:

Police later found a bag of crack cocaine near the rear passenger seat, where Mr. Hidalgo had been sitting, according to court records. Mr. Hidalgo also had outstanding warrants for his arrest for failing to appear in Fitchburg District Court on prior weapons charges.

They should put out another outstanding warrant for his arrest after he fails to appear on this set of charges, that will really show him! [rolleyes]

Obviously they are just misunderstood youths trying desperately hard to end this cycle of trouble they are in and turn their lives around.[rolleyes]

Jose Oquendo, 19, of 13 State St., pleaded not guilty to charges of carrying a loaded firearm without a license, and carrying a firearm without a firearms identification card. He was released after posting $2,500 cash bail.

They never look into how they got the firearms, do they? It must have magically fell from the sky, just unfortunate he didn't possess a license for it! And how is an FID relavent, it was a HANDGUN? shouldn't there be a bigger charge involving the lack of an LTC?? You know, to up the bail to around $3,000 instead [rolleyes]

Well here we go....

I have said it before and I will voice my opinion again... not that it matters I am sure most people understand what I am saying but here goes....

START GETTING TOUGH ON THE CRIME NOT THE GUN. IN THIS CASE "DIRT BAGS" ARE GUILTY. DONT JUST KEEP THEM FOR 4 OR 5 DAYS AND THEN LET THEM OUT SCOT FREE AND CHALK IT UP AS ANOTHER GUN PROBLEM. THERE IS NO GUN PROBLEM IN THIS CASE. THERE IS A "DIRT BAG" PROBLEM AND THEY NEED TO BE PUNISHIED SEVERLIY.

My 2 cents....[angry][angry]

Even odds these scumbags are on the street again in 6 months. But we still need tougher gun laws.

how about even less...

but yeah... we are the problem... [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom