• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ukraine Sniper Sets New World Record For Longest Kill Shot

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I'm not getting the Dr Ruth reference.
I know who she is, but I don't know her connection to this.
If Pat, one of the smartest guys on the board, doesn't get it, I don't feel stupid not getting it either.
Since the internet is so in love with checking "early life" on wiki, here's an excerpt
Westheimer joined the Haganah Jewish Zionist underground paramilitary organization (later, the Israel Defense Forces) in Jerusalem.[24][25][23][26] Because of her diminutive height of 4 ft 7 in (1.40 m), she was trained as a scout and sniper.[22][26][27]

I'm not getting the Dr Ruth reference.
I know who she is, but I don't know her connection to this.

Westheimer joined the Haganah Jewish Zionist underground paramilitary organization (later, the Israel Defense Forces) in Jerusalem.[24][25][23][26] Because of her diminutive height of 4 ft 7 in (1.40 m), she was trained as a scout and sniper.[22][26][27] Of this experience, she said, "I never killed anybody, but I know how to throw hand grenades and shoot."[28] She became an ace sniper, and learned to assemble a rifle in the dark.[22][12] When she was 90 years old, she demonstrated that she was still able to put together a Sten gun with her eyes closed.[29]

2.3 miles used to be mortar/artillery/beltfed with tracers ranges......rifles have come a long way.

According to this article, they took the Russian 14.5x114 round (larger diameter and more case volume than .50 BMG) and necked it down.

Snipex has several sniper rifles chambered in the unmodified 14.5x114.

According to this article, they took the Russian 14.5x114 round (larger diameter and more case volume than .50 BMG) and necked it down.

Snipex has several sniper rifles chambered in the unmodified 14.5x114.
Isnt that a .416 cheytac round in american?

The Russian 14.5x114 has substantially more case capacity than .50 BMG: like double.

Know of no western arms manufacturer who have ever used it, even as the basis for a wildcat. Xado/ Snipex built rifles for both.

The Russian 14.5x114 has substantially more case capacity than .50 BMG: like double.

Know of no western arms manufacturer who have ever used it, even as the basis for a wildcat. Xado/ Snipex built rifles for both.
Some do but its so small because its categorized as a DD

Back
Top Bottom