• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Undercover Arms - Hudson, MA

Stopped in the other day, nice little place. Decent handgun selection, not so much inventory in long guns. The did have several Ruger 1911s in stock at a fair price.

I was in there on Saturday with the wife and kids. My wife wanted to check out the gun purses. Chris was wonderful. She answered every question, treated her great, even pulled one of the guns out of the case to help her make sure that it would fit in the purse she was picking out. They had the ammo I was looking for (Gold Dot short barrel) and plenty of other stuff.
If I could only figure out how to afford the 2nd Generation Colt DS and the Browning 1935 that they had!!

I will DEFINITELY be back!

Aloha

I and a few others I know were told by Ray that most of the guns we got from Ray at K&R were not legal in Ma. and the feds will be showing up at our door looking for them. We were told we should sell them to him (for next to nothing because they were not worth as much in a free state) and he would sell them up in Maine. I didnt fall for it but a lot of people did. If you noticed since he has been open he always has something with a red tag that says non Ma comp. Thats the stuff he is getting off K&Rs old customers.

I and a few others I know were told by Ray that most of the guns we got from Ray at K&R were not legal in Ma. and the feds will be showing up at our door looking for them. We were told we should sell them to him (for next to nothing because they were not worth as much in a free state) and he would sell them up in Maine. I didnt fall for it but a lot of people did. If you noticed since he has been open he always has something with a red tag that says non Ma comp. Thats the stuff he is getting off K&Rs old customers.

Is this happening right now? That's not very nice....

I havent been there in a couple months so im not sure if there still telling people that. I stopped going after I heard it twice.

I and a few others I know were told by Ray that most of the guns we got from Ray at K&R were not legal in Ma. and the feds will be showing up at our door looking for them. We were told we should sell them to him (for next to nothing because they were not worth as much in a free state) and he would sell them up in Maine.

He actually said that to you - you heard this in person???
ohlord.gif

He actually said that to you - you heard this in person???
ohlord.gif
I heard this on two different occasions. I was also told that he had a place up in Maine and he could take the guns up with him and sell them there. He also told this to three others I know. I personally know of 2 9mm ARs and 2 Rugar lcps he got because he scared customers that didnt know any better. Ray may have actually believed that what he was saying was true. I dont know.

Last edited:
Whats the line from Christmas Vacation? "If I had a rubber hose, I'd beat you with it!" All kidding aside, while I love to drool over the Pythons he has there, if these allegations are indeed true, they will not have my money....ever

I call bullshit .. I've talked to both many times. Great people. Made many purchases there and we can own non compliant firearms ...that is not on us. Its the burden on the ffl not us.
* edit * just to clarify the obvious that we are still bound to the awb

Last edited:
I call bullshit .. I've talked to both many times. Great people. Made many purchases there and we can own non compliant firearms ...that is not on us. Its the burden on the ffl not us.
* edit * just to clarify the obvious that we are still bound to the awb[/QU
Ask them next time your in. I have no reason to lie. Ray and his wife seem like very nice people I am sure they said this thinking it was true. But they did say it.

Last edited:
* edit * just to clarify the obvious that we are still bound to the awb[/QU
Ask them next time your in. I have no reason to lie. Ray and his wife seem like very nice people I am sure they said this thinking it was true. But they did say it.

Sorry... not calling you a liar.. just sounds crazy! And I had a few wobbly pops last night ;) I'll definitely mention it when I go in next.. maybe I'll pop in on Wednesday.

Went in there today to get some new earplugs to try out, the kind Hickok45 wears. (that's what I know to compare them to. haha) Just wanted to see how they would work, and they were only $7.

Also picked up a new firearm. Prices were fair, and prices on ammo were actually pretty good. Almost comparable to Walmart. Nothing like at IDC in Clinton, where those prices are almost laughable.

She was very nice, bought a couple raffle tickets for $5, will definitely go there again.

Went shopping...Undercover was one of the stops. Nice shop, plenty of selection that you don't typically find at other shops. Colt showcase was full, and plenty of selection on Ruger, S&W, and Sigs.

I did overhear one of the owners tell a customer that they could not sell 2 handguns at once. Odd!? Why is it that you cannot buy 2 handguns?

Prices were about ~$40-$50 higher on firearms than what Bobs/FS/Pullman are advertising, but then again...these shops are out of stock and UA has the inventory. Customer service was great and the lady was friendly...I decided to wait on a purchase, but well worth the visit.

You can buy 2 handguns at once. If you do you will end up on a local pd watch list. Multiple handgun sales do get added attention. However it not illegal. Many dealers are confused about laws it's nothing new

I never listen to what I hear from dealers. Heard so much BS here and there over the years... Give me a good price, fill out the paperwork and have a nice day...

I never listen to what I hear from dealers. Heard so much BS here and there over the years... Give me a good price, fill out the paperwork and have a nice day...

I agree on the price and mechanics of the purchase, but it is always good to find a knowledgeable dealer to discuss general topics. Then again, I joined NES to do just that. [smile]

Sent a friend there today and nothing but excellent things to say about the experience of the purchase. +1 for good customer service...

I visited Undercover Arms recently and made a purchase (got a handgun). They were very nice there; had plenty of time to chat with me (I was the only customer in the store which was kind of nice). The sale went through very quickly and I was out the door and on my way. Will definitely go back there again. Thanks UA!

You can buy 2 handguns at once. If you do you will end up on a local pd watch list. Multiple handgun sales do get added attention. However it not illegal. Many dealers are confused about laws it's nothing new

Huh? How? There's a FEDERAL form that has to be filled out, but I'm not aware that the feds share it with the local PD.

I suppose that the CJIS might do it when they get the FA-10s but again, I've never heard that it's done.

Huh? How? There's a FEDERAL form that has to be filled out, but I'm not aware that the feds share it with the local PD.

I suppose that the CJIS might do it when they get the FA-10s but again, I've never heard that it's done.

A copy is fowarded to the local PD of the town the shop is in.

I stand corrected; thanks, Greg. I just learned something new.

Back
Top Bottom