upcoming gun shows

Haven't been to a gun show in probably 10 years, I see from checking the schedule there are a few coming up in Jan, Maine, Nh, and connecticut . Of the ones coming up which one would you attend as far as size and the one you personally like. thanx. wk

CT has a waiting period unless you have a CT CCW! Even a C&R FFL doesn't bypass the waiting period, so my response (I have no other reason to be in CT other than passing thru on my way to NJ occasionally) is to skip any thought of attending a gun show there.

Manchester, NH the second week of Jan. Usually a decent show.

Thanks for the reminder. I went to that show in the Fall and it was pretty decent. There were several parts dealers and I was able to get a front band for my SMLE No 5 Mk I.

Rifle and Shotgun prices were a bit high, though.

Gary

CT has a waiting period unless you have a CT CCW! Even a C&R FFL doesn't bypass the waiting period, so my response (I have no other reason to be in CT other than passing thru on my way to NJ occasionally) is to skip any thought of attending a gun show there.
What do you mean by a waiting period?

What do you mean by a waiting period?

CT Laws:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap529.htm#Sec29-37a.htm

No sale or delivery of any firearm shall be made until the expiration of two weeks from the date of the application, and until the person, firm or corporation making such sale, delivery or transfer has insured that such application has been completed properly and has obtained an authorization number from the Commissioner of Public Safety for such sale, delivery or transfer.

Damn we thought we had it bad!

But in MA I hear you need a LTC to purchase ammo, in CT if you have a ccw permit there is no waiting period. And all I have ever been asked for to but ammo in CT was a driver license. (to verify age). Not that is much better then MA but it helps.

CT Dakota, you heard correctly. LTC to purchase pistol/rifle/shotgun ammo or OC/Mace. FID allows you to purchase ONLY rifle/shotgun ammo or OC/Mace.

Thanks for the reminder. I went to that show in the Fall and it was pretty decent. There were several parts dealers and I was able to get a front band for my SMLE No 5 Mk I.

Gary
Just guessing but more likely than not you stopped at my brother's table and proberly got these parts from him as he's primarily THE parts guy, especially for military stuff at the shows.
Pretty sure he's expecting to be at these shows again.

Just guessing but more likely than not you stopped at my brother's table and proberly got these parts from him as he's primarily THE parts guy, especially for military stuff at the shows.
Pretty sure he's expecting to be at these shows again.

Since he's in Westbrook either it's your brother or a hell of a coincidence. <G> He had a very good selection of parts. I'm going to guess that he doesn't do MA shows as I've never seen him before.

Gary

Since he's in Westbrook either it's your brother or a hell of a coincidence. <G> He had a very good selection of parts. I'm going to guess that he doesn't do MA shows as I've never seen him before.

Gary

Nope that's him. What he has on the tables is just a bit of what he's got. if he doesn't by chancve have it, he'll proberly know who would. I know he does the Big E and I think he's doing a few other MA shows as well. I believe he'll be at manchester as he usually isand I think Concord. he's got quite a few scheduled as far away and PA.

Manchester show

Anyone know the location and dates for the Manchester show? The sticky list appears to be for last year.

Contact Pat DiPrete and ask. That's the best way to verify one of her shows. AFAIK, she does NOT cancel her shows. We seem to be able to count on her shows like clockwork . . . of course she's "local" to the areas of her shows, which helps.

Back
Top Bottom