Updating thread title - weird issue

The thread title of this thread no longer matches the thread title as seen in post #1 inside that thread.

It stopped updating about 3 weeks ago. Can someone look into this?

I dunno, they look the same to me.... whats it say on your machine?

-Mike

That only works for a little while. Here's how you have to do it:

Go to the page that has your thread: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18

and double-click about 1/16" to the right of the the last character in the thread title. In your case, the character is a ")". The title will turn into an editable text box. Just make your changes and click off the title somewhere on the page.

I ran my mouse over every single but of space to the right of the thread title and didn't see the mouse arrow change to a hand indicating a link. I even looked at the source code and don't see anything in the code that would indicate anything clickable between the ")" and the columns that show last post, replies and views.

Could the feature you describe be reserved for moderators only?

I don't think so. The cursor doesn't do anything. Did you try quickly double-clicking on that spot?

ETA: It doesn't have to be right next to the title - a fast double-click anywhere to the right of, but on the same line as your thread title should work.

I think it'll only work on threads you start.

Nope. Still doesn't work on that thread but here's a catch. I tried doing what you suggested on another thread I started - The Feb 2009 acquisitions thread and it works!

So, the issue seems to be this specific thread. I logged out and back in and tried it on 2 different browsers - no joy.

Any more ideas Jim?

Nope. Still doesn't work on that thread but here's a catch. I tried doing what you suggested on another thread I started - The Feb 2009 acquisitions thread and it works!

So, the issue seems to be this specific thread. I logged out and back in and tried it on 2 different browsers - no joy.

Any more ideas Jim?

PM me when you change it.

Back
Top Bottom