USPSA RIFLE @ New Bedford - Sunday 11/25/2012

On Sunday 11/25/12 The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford (www.rodgun-nb.org) will host our annual USPSA Rifle match with 5 stages of Action Rifle fun. Open, Tactical (one optic) and Limited divisions.

Complete rules can be found here: http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2008RifleRuleswedits1-10.pdf .

Registration starts at 9am, shooters meeting at 9:25am and first caps at 9:30am. Match fee is $20.

You will need a chamber flag. If you do not have a flag we'll give you a plastic zip-tie you can use instead. Between stages rifles must be unloaded with chamber flag in place, and the rifle must be carried in one of 4 possible ways: muzzle-up, muzzle-down, in a case, or secured to a cart. There will be rifle-racks on every stage.

Expected round count will be between 150 and 200 rounds. Max distance is only 35 yards, but don't assume that means it will be easy.

Again, this will be a USPSA Rifle match, please refer to the rulebook for equipment guidelines: http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2008RifleRuleswedits1-10.pdf .

Directions to the club and range: http://rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

I'll be re-zeroing at 35 yards tomorrow [wink]

Better to keep 1 zero, and know where it hits. Less confusion that way. Who knows you might want to shoot 3 gun matches someday. [grin]
Even Supermoto confessed that he sighted in his rifle at more than 25 feet, finally!
Seriously, where are you zero'd at? Run your info through JBM ballistics and print it out. It's much more useful than changing your zero all the time.
You don't change your pistol zero, do you?

Last edited:
Better to keep 1 zero, and know where it hits. Less confusion that way. Who knows you might want to shoot 3 gun matches someday. [grin]
Even Supermoto confessed that he sighted in his rifle at more than 25 feet, finally!

I know this. I'll be shooting aguila 223 at this match, and until I use it all up, and its point of impact is about 1 inch lower at 50 yards than my go to xm193. An upper A zone a 35 yards does not leave much room for error, especially when trying to figure out a hold over. I'll use 20-30 rounds to acquire and confirm a zero at 35 yards, and then go back to my standard 50/200 yard zero

Dan is right, after years of him telling me to use 1 zero, I finally zero'ed at 200, a real 200, not a 50 yard and hope its on at 200 zero. And now it is much easier, no longer constantly trying to figure out hold covers or unders.

I know this. I'll be shooting aguila 223 at this match, and until I use it all up, and its point of impact is about 1 inch lower at 50 yards than my go to xm193. An upper A zone a 35 yards does not leave much room for error, especially when trying to figure out a hold over. I'll use 20-30 rounds to acquire and confirm a zero at 35 yards, and then go back to my standard 50/200 yard zero

An inch lower??? How the heck does it get out of the barrel??? Yes, I know about barrel harmonics and how some rounds simply seem to defy logic and physics. Not to mention, some barrels just plain suck.
I'm using Cabela's Herters for this match. I have a new Black Hole Weaponry barrel on order, to replace the one that's on this particular AR.

Brent. If you need something to shoot let me know..
I don't think I'll make the match but can set you up..

Paul, I was going to make the same offer. I wanted to see him squirm a bit first. [smile] He did finish the New Bedford shotgun match with my shotgun too.

Great match! You guys always find a way to make things challenging with the space you have. Thanks to Dave and the whole NB crew for a great USPSA season. Special thanks to our RO's Chuck and John C.

Great match today, despite the low temperatures. I'll have a few videos to share if I can get them off my phone, its mad, I think the memory card is corrupted

Thank you to Dave, and all of those that toiled in the cold so we can have fun. As always good challenges, and fun stages.
Again, thanks to the New Bedford crew.

A fun, but cold, day today at New Bedford. I couldn't ask for more - no melt downs other than a couple of missed reloads. One of these days I'll learn how to properly seat a fresh mag in an AR with a closed bolt.

Thank you everyone.

Back
Top Bottom